The simFlight Network Forums

G2D.dll error crashing to Desktop Third Party Software

hello all ,

this is a real blunder i have created for my self !!

heres wht happened ..!

i decided i wanted Activesky 1.5 to load along with FS2002 , SO I GOT MY SELF FSUIPCRunoptions.zip, from José Oliveira on fsuipc site, AS WELL AS FSUIPC 3.75.

after loading it it caused FS2002 to hang as Activesky would not load !

I tried to disable it , but it did not go away ,

I reinstalled my older version of FSUIPC

now FS2002 crashes to D/top with a msg cannot load third party software G2D.dll , i disabled it in FS2002 .cfg File as sugested in the read me , i even removed it for the modules folder , STILL no luck as FS2002 STILL Crashes to Desktop ...!

i disabled video bios shading as suggested in avsim forums, but this has not solved thiscan i request H/C to help me here and suggest further ..??

Ps I also re-installed fs2002 , so am probably also reinstalling the cause ??

Is G2D.dll a prog from your software or does it install thru ActiveSky 1.5.

help required Urgently

regds Rotor_blade/~

i decided i wanted Activesky 1.5 to load along with FS2002

Phew. Some real antique programs you have there!

now FS2002 crashes to D/top with a msg cannot load third party software G2D.dll

G2D is not third party, it is one of the main graphics modules essential to FS.

i disabled it in FS2002 .cfg File as sugested in the read me

Disabled G2D? Huh? It is a fundamental essential part of FS. You can't disable it, and you most certainly must not remove it!

I also re-installed fs2002 , so am probably also reinstalling the cause ??

No. How? If a complete new installation of FS doesn't fix it, then you probably aren't actually uninstalling everything first. Start by deleting your FS2002.CFG file and reloading FS. Else uninstall and re-install.

Is G2D.dll a prog from your software or does it install thru ActiveSky 1.5.

Neither. It is an essential part of FS, dealing with processing scenery and texture BGLs. G2D deals with the 2D graphics overlays, like runways, roads, ground textures and so on. There's also a G3D which deals with 3D objects.

If FS is regularly crashing in G2D then the most likely problem area is scenery or textures, or, less likely, graphics drivers or settings. It will have nothing whatsoever to do with FSUIPC, and it shouldn't have much to do with ActiveSky unless the latter came with new cloud textures, or it is trying to set weather and bad cloud textures are being loaded.

Regards

Pete