The simFlight Network Forums

Flight link throttles reversed

Hi Peter,

Every few months I decide to give FSX a new try so here I am after updating SP1 and your FSUIPC updates. My FLight Link throttle quad has always been reversed in polarity - I have no idea why, but I've lived with it and it has never been a problem. I am trying to set the idle and reverse settings on it in FSUIPC but it won't "take" because the maximum setting is a negative and at idle or reverse, the "in" would be positive. I've tried using the "reverse" option through FSUIPC and through FS axis control but with no success. I've always managed to get this to work in the past so I must be missing something or the new functions are confusing me. Any suggestions? I'm off to Oshkosh for the airshow but look forward to any help you can provide. Thanks!

David Lee

My FLight Link throttle quad has always been reversed in polarity - I have no idea why, but I've lived with it and it has never been a problem.

Why not simply reverse the axis? Both FS and FSUIPC (if you use the calibration there) have reverse options. It is actually quite normal for the throttle axis to be reversed and normally the defaults set in FS for your joystick driver would set them so -- seems the drivers for Flight Link throttles aren't setting these correctly? No matter though, it is only a check box in FSX (or in FSUIPC -- but don't check both!).

I've tried using the "reverse" option through FSUIPC and through FS axis control but with no success.

Don't use both -- a double reverse is the same as no reverseobviously?

If you don't mean that then please explain what you mean by "no success".

Please always quote version numbers of my software when asking for help.

Regards

Pete