The simFlight Network Forums

Static planes

I would like to put static aircrafts to the ground while i'm on the air. And the airport will not be empty when i will land. Is there a way to solve this via FSUIPC? I just want to put some planes to a specified longitude lattitude. I've checked the documentation at the E000 offset, but as I saw that is only for reading.

Thanks in advance

I would like to put static aircrafts to the ground while i'm on the air. And the airport will not be empty when i will land. Is there a way to solve this via FSUIPC? I just want to put some planes to a specified longitude lattitude. I've checked the documentation at the E000 offset, but as I saw that is only for reading.

Thanks in advance

As Jim rightly says, static planes are part of the scenery, just objects almost like the buildings. The data at FSUIPC offsets for AI aircraft are to tell TCAS radar displays where the AI traffic is. AI traffic is not scenery, but flying or moving aircraft, being simulated almost like your own aircraft. These cannot be created by FSUIPC either, but defined as part of the AI Traffic system.

Regards

Pete

As Jim rightly says, static planes are part of the scenery, just objects almost like the buildings. The data at FSUIPC offsets for AI aircraft are to tell TCAS radar displays where the AI traffic is. AI traffic is not scenery, but flying or moving aircraft, being simulated almost like your own aircraft. These cannot be created by FSUIPC either, but defined as part of the AI Traffic system.

Regards

Pete

But how does for example squawkbox doing? It uses planes but those are not the part of the AI traffic I think (because the traffic file is created before FS start). Or is that the secret of the program? :)

But how does for example squawkbox doing? It uses planes but those are not the part of the AI traffic I think (because the traffic file is created before FS start). Or is that the secret of the program? :)

If you mean in FS2004 or before, I have no idea -- it must be a secret. I do believe there have been products in the past which managed to create "dynamic" scenery aircraft -- the traffic which preceded AI traffic in versions now long gone.

Of course you may be referring not to multiplayer traffic, which is supported in FS2002 and FS2004 via a multiplayer interface -- the on-line flight programs use these facilities to show the other fliers' aircraft. The multiplayer traffic are not "static aircraft" either. The MP interface is documented someplace -- in the Microsoft MP SDK I think. Check MS's flight sim support sites.

If you mean in FSX, then it is no secret how AI traffic can be "created" on the fly. I know VoxATC also injects AI traffic. They are not "static planes", but AI traffic planes, created, possibly with their own flight plans, via the facilities to do this in SimConnect. It is all documented in the SimConnect SDK which comes with the Deluxe edition of FSX.

Regards

Pete