The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC.INI syntax in the SDK? fast/slow button timelapse?

Ooops! Sorry -- looks like I Edited your message instead of merely Quoted it!

I have 2-way a button for AP altitude up/down configured

And wondering

must be possible to have them 'Timelag' switch form 'regular speed' up/down to FAST up/down?

just like when you mouse hit the button on the panel.

Doesn't it accelerate anyway if you select the "repeat whilst pressed" option? If you are using the INC/DEC controls then it is really the same sort of thing as holding the + key down or the mouse button on the gauge.

Otherwise, without writing a client program to do it, the only way I can think of is to program each way to not only do the INC or DEC but also to increment a count in one of the free user Offsets and test that to see whether to do several more INCs and DECs in the same button push. You'd need to reset the count when the button is released.

Can I find the syntax of the fsuipc.ini setting in the SDK?

No, it is all covered in the Advanced User's guide, supplied in the FSUIPC Zip package.

ps the SDK link is down at the moment (all downloads are broken) must be the boards software change

They are all working fine as I type this, so if they were down it couldn't have lasted very long.

Regards

Pete

all download links are still down! (for some?)

and I see somebody else posting this as well

I get a better response from the links now than before! Strange! I have emailed the administrators for advice. I cannot do anything myself.

I have a "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" here / not a ADVANCED FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf

??

The FSUIPC4 installer installs several documents, including the User Guide and Advanced Users guide. The fact that it does is also logged to the Install LOG. All the installed files go to the FSX Modules folder, and the message box announcing success says so!

Maybe you need to re-install if you have deleted these files. Please check. If your installation failed I need to see the Install log please!

Pete

Found it (in the Modules indeed / I was looking in unpacked ZIP versions)

what I dont find in the DOC is what the more 'basis' fsuipc.INI code stands for (in my case)

though many 'offsets' are mentioned in the DOC (will try those later), in my INI for example, the more Basic Codes:

[Axes]

8=1Z,256,D,17,0,0,0 //17 prop1

9=1R,256,D,42,0,0,0 // reverse throttle 2

10=1V,256,D,41,0,0,0 // reverse throttle 1

numbers 17 41 42 are FS functons I figured out by looking for change

and a list of those whould be handy, so I can fix errors in my INI

( I have dozens of 'defining again' of axis/buttons done now (changing planes etc), and rather would like to be able to 'save' some lines that I know that work / and can be copied to new liveries/models)

if only I knew which line did what :)

a list of FS actions and their corresponding numbers in the INI file? 2 digit numbers - the simple ones Flaps Spoilers Lights Gear Brakes etc

or am i missing something?

also is // the comment code and I can put this after the definition as in my example

fsuipc renumbers lines with ('fixes' ascending) any save it seems, and with // on seperate lines, the comment is moved away from the line

or shouldnt I use // in the INI? (perhaps ; ?)

thx

mt

ps the downloads work now

what I dont find in the DOC is what the more 'basis' fsuipc.INI code stands for (in my case)

though many 'offsets' are mentioned in the DOC (will try those later), in my INI for example, the more Basic Codes:

Don't look for offsets there -- they are most certainly the domain of the SDK where you will find a complete document listing and explaining thousands of them. Normal users, even "advanced" ones, don't normally need to know anything about those.

[Axes]

8=1Z,256,D,17,0,0,0 //17 prop1

9=1R,256,D,42,0,0,0 // reverse throttle 2

10=1V,256,D,41,0,0,0 // reverse throttle 1

numbers 17 41 42 are FS functons I figured out by looking for change

and a list of those whould be handy, so I can fix errors in my INI

The reason the [Axes] and [JoystickCalibration] sections aren't fully documented there is that it is not intended for users to edit those manually. It is much easier to change those on-line in the Options. The "advanced" documentation for Buttons and, to a lesser extend, Keys, is there because there are many programming-type things you can do with those which cannot be done on-line.

Anyway, the D (Direct to Calibration) function numbers 1-44 equate to the position these have in the Joystick Calibration tab -- 1 to 4 on page 1, 4-8 on page 2 etc. So you can make a list fairly easily if you wish. I don't want to encourage folks to bypass the on-line setting methods for those sections.

also is // the comment code and I can put this after the definition as in my example

There's no general convention for comments in Windows "profile" documents, as my INI files are. I explicitly allow for them in the sections I expect folks to edit manually, but not in the others. I suspect any you add will get stripped next time you change anything on-line.

fsuipc renumbers lines with ('fixes' ascending) any save it seems, and with // on seperate lines, the comment is moved away from the line

FSUIPC doesn't do any of that, it is a function of the way Windows maintains INI files via the Profile API. I've always left everything to Windows. The [buttons] section, in particular, has a lot of extra 'parameter' type handling specifically to retain comments and even add error messages when appropriate. The other sections really are best dealt with as intended, via the options.

ps the downloads work now

Good, but I've no idea what was happening, but it is confirmed that it was something at your end, or with your ISP. The Forum administrators have confirmed that the Server to which the download links connect is not the same one which was recently updated (it's even in a different country!) and that there's been no change at all as far as those links are concerned. Weird.

Regards

Pete

Don't look for offsets there -- they are most certainly the domain of the SDK where you will find a complete document listing and explaining thousands of them. Normal users, even "advanced" ones, don't normally need to know anything about those.

The reason the [Axes] and [JoystickCalibration] sections aren't fully documented there is that it is not intended for users to edit those manually.

It is much easier to change those on-line in the Options. The "advanced" documentation for Buttons and, to a lesser extend, Keys, is there because there are many programming-type things you can do with those which cannot be done on-line.

hum, you made a comment yourelf in the PDF that for button action dependant on other button states 'you have to edit the INI file' something like that and with examples

For instance a GearDown that will only work when airborn.

Anyway, the D (Direct to Calibration) function numbers 1-44 equate to the position these have in the Joystick Calibration tab -- 1 to 4 on page 1, 4-8 on page 2 etc. So you can make a list fairly easily if you wish. I don't want to encourage folks to bypass the on-line setting methods for those sections.

this said and done though

there are other 'easy' codes and syntax that really should be known if you want to chk your INI

like '1=0S,256'

why just a number / Delta(?)

end of lines /8 or /16 /24 ?

a readable one, a heading axis:

1=0S,1

2=0S,BR,-16384,-15855,1024,0

3=0S,BR,-15855,-9249,65880,0

4=0S,BR,6656,13824,65879,0

5=0S,BR,13824,16383,1025,0

four stages - I can see this one,

but what is 'BR' what is 'F' 'B'

There's no general convention for comments in Windows "profile" documents, as my INI files are.

I explicitly allow for them in the sections I expect folks to edit manually, but not in the others.

in which sections allowed? and it still woul be nice to know which axis does what / you can see if the calibration is the same / wothhy of copying to another plane

I suspect any you add will get stripped next time you change anything on-line.

exactly

[buttons] section, in particular, has a lot of extra 'parameter' type handling specifically to retain comments and even add error messages when appropriate. The other sections really are best dealt with as intended, via the options.

OK / the only section?

agree when you Define thm, but you do want to know if a callibration came out right / and you want to copy the whole cabal - with plane differences - to another airplane definition section / and I want to know what the heck Im copying. :P

thx

mt

:P this the list of FS function 2 digit code:

1 aileron

2 elevator

3 rudder

4 throttle

5 prop pitch

6 mix

7 L brake

8 R brake

9 throttle 1

10 throttle 2

11 throttle 3

12 throttle 4

13 mix 1

14 mix 2

15 mix 3

16 mix 4

17 prop pitch 1

18 prop pitch 2

19 prop pitch 3

20 prop pitch 4

21 elevator trim

22 spoilers

23 flaps

25 reverse

26 aileron trim

27 rudder trim

29 cowl flap 1

30 cowl flap 2

31 cowl flap 3

32 cowl flap 4

33 pan heading

34 pan pitch

35 pan tilt

36 steering tiller

37 slew altitude

38 slew sideways

39 slew forw / backw

40 slew heading

41 reverser 1

42 reverser 2

43 reverser 3

44 reverser 4

hum, you made a comment yourelf in the PDF that for button action dependant on other button states 'you have to edit the INI file' something like that and with examples

Yes, that is why there is extensive documentation in the Advanced User's guide for the button parameters, including examples. Comments ARE retained in that section too.

why just a number / Delta(?)

end of lines /8 or /16 /24 ?

Flags for options checked.

All those things should be programmed via the options screen, as I said.

Regards

Pete