The simFlight Network Forums

Setting Project magenta TCAS through FSUIPC/WIDEFS

Hello,

I having some troubles getting a Project magenta function to work using the FSUIPC offsets.

In particular, I am trying to access Project magenta's TCAS setting using a keyboard button on the server.

Project magenta's documents referance;

Offest 04F4 and Bit 2, and state to change the value, not the bit for the function below;

TCAS off = 50

TCAS ALT =51

TCAS CALL SIGN= 52

TCAS all= 53

If I wanted to set a button that toggled between 52 & 53, how would I set this up in FSUIPC?

I have tried Offset Bit Set, Offset Bit Toggle, and a few others, but havent got it to work?

Is it also to to set up one button to toggle through 50-->51-->52-->53-->50?

Thanks for any advise,

Polmer

Project magenta's documents referance;

Offest 04F4 and Bit 2, and state to change the value, not the bit for the function below;

TCAS off = 50

TCAS ALT =51

TCAS CALL SIGN= 52

TCAS all= 53

That doesn't make sense. There are no bits 50 .... 53. Let me look ...

Ahwhere are you reading the above? In the on-line copy of the PM offsets list it clearly says, in bold "(Values, not bits!)" for offset 04F4. No where does it say "04F4 and Bit 2, and state to change the value, not the bit for the function below"!

If I wanted to set a button that toggled between 52 & 53, how would I set this up in FSUIPC?

I have tried Offset Bit Set, Offset Bit Toggle, and a few others, but havent got it to work?

None of those are appropriate as that offset works by sending it a value. You cannot "toggle" anything, as when PM has seen the value it will clear it -- and in any case some other of the many functions may have been used by then.

Is it also to to set up one button to toggle through 50-->51-->52-->53-->50?

You can do either, but really only by using flags and conditional button programming, editing this in the FSUIPC INI file. Take a look at the Button Programming part of the FSUIPC Advanced Guide. Get back here if you still have questions on that.

There is an alternative which might work and which would be a lot easier. The offset 04F2 is used to send commands to different parts of PM using a set of pre-deined codes. I notice this one listed (near the back of the document):

TFC K047 (TCAS)

So, you could first try programming the button using Offset Word Set, with parameter 47.

Regards

Pete