The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 & WIDEFS7

Hello,

If I am not running two or more PC's on a LAN is there any benefit to purchasing WIDEFS7 at the same time I purchase FSUIPC4? I do not see anytime soon where I would run two or more PC's at once. Other than downloading weather from one PC into the PC that I am running FSX on what other benifit would WIDEFS7 have. I do not see that I would ever run FSX on a LAN with multiple players. If flying with multiple players on the internet does WIDEFS7 have any benefits?

Regards ro all,

Rod

If I am not running two or more PC's on a LAN is there any benefit to purchasing WIDEFS7 at the same time I purchase FSUIPC4? I do not see anytime soon where I would run two or more PC's at once.

If you don't have more that one PC, WideFS is of no use to you whatsoever.

Other than downloading weather from one PC into the PC that I am running FSX on what other benifit would WIDEFS7 have.

Only offloading any FSUIPC client programs to relieve the FSX PC, and also providing that much more potential screen space. My own cockpit needs 8 PCs, all running WideFS and used for different applications with their own instrument displays and so on.

I do not see that I would ever run FSX on a LAN with multiple players. If flying with multiple players on the internet does WIDEFS7 have any benefits?

No, none at all. And FSX supports multiple "players" on a LAN in any case, all on its own -- WideFS is not involved at all, and in fact cannot be used in such a setup.

Regards

Pete