The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC New weahter interface example for visual basic

i want to set the weater via fsuipc. First i thought i just have to set the Fields at 0xF20 and so on... but this does not work.

Well, it works for global weather, but unfortunately FS hasn't stayed with global weather since FS2002. Even if it sets okay it soon becomes "localised" (withing 15-30 minutes, for example) and then changing the global weather won't affect the local weather stations already set, only those not yet localised -- i.e. far away from the aircraft.

Then i read that i have to use the new weather interface (NWI). Has anybody a example how to use the nwi in visual basic?

It's really not that different. The most complicated method was the "Advanced Weather Interface" (AWI) invented for FS2002. That involved sending commands. The NWI is merely a metter of writing to offsets, just like all the other stuff you do.

If you are only concerned with FSX there is the alternative of sending METAR strings instead.

Regards

Pete