The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC v4 and PLN paths

Hi Peter,

I have recently been using an excellent and innovative new software called It's Your Plane by Robert Cezar.

First of all I'm no expert but it seems to me that at launch it retrieves information from FSUIPC regarding amongst other things, the currently loaded flight plan.

The problem is that I get an error message generated by IYP under certain conditions - seemingly when running a mission.

Before I explain further it might save time if you read this thread (especially the 3rd post)...

http://forums.fsaddon.eu/viewtopic.php?p=5676#5676

I guess my question is - is it normal that when running a mission that FSUIPC uses a relative path to the PLN file rather than an absolute as it appears to do with a "regular" PLN?

Your help would be most appreciated. :)

Best regards,

David

I guess my question is - is it normal that when running a mission that FSUIPC uses a relative path to the PLN file rather than an absolute as it appears to do with a "regular" PLN?

Actually I'm surprised it ever gives a path at all -- the SimConnect documentation for the System Event "FlightPlanActivated" being used by FSUIPC4 says:

"Requests a notification when a new flight plan is activated. The filename of the activated flight plan is returned".

Evidently it means "filepath" not "filename" in this context.

It looks like FSX is doing the standard thing with the path, as it always has (witness filepaths for sceneries in SCENERY.CFG files, etc). If the path is within the main FSX folder, it omits that part. Otherwise it gives the complete path.

The way to deal with that is to check for two things:

1. A drive (i.e. second character is ":"). If present, it is a full path

2. The first two characters being \\, indicating a computer name and therefore a full path.

If neither of these, the path is within the FSX path, available from FSUIPC in a separate offset.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for your time Peter, I will pass this info along to Robert.

Okay. If it proves difficult at all, and now I know this field is supposed to be the filepath, not the filename, I can do one of two things in the next version of FSUIPC4 (which is fairly imminent, awaiting only the release of the Acceleration Pack from MS):

1. convert any relative filepath to a complete filepath automatically,

OR

2. Convert any filepath at all to a full UNC path -- i.e. one which can be used from any PC on a local Network.

Does IYP work through WideFS at all? If so it would need the latter form.