The simFlight Network Forums

buttons assignment

2 things

1-

I asigned btns events to 5 intruments using the FSUIPC btns facilities with FS controls.

EX: VOR1_OBI_INC

VOR1_OBI_DEC that work well.

But TRUE_AIRSPEED_CAL_DEC

TRUE_AIRSPEED_CAL_INC are working with Cesna and Money gauge but not with Boron airspeed gauge.

2-I have a button assigned to start the engine.

It is verry easy to start the engine, because you just need to make a pulse so you hear the starter and after 2 seconds the engine starts even if the button is already release.

What I would like is "Must hold button 2 or 3 secs so you hear the starter but enginse fails to start if not hold enough time.

I could put a delay in my button rogramming but I wont hear the starter.

A solution would be to assign a FS sound to the button. Is there an easy way to make it?

If you remember I use EPICINFO in my project.

I still find things that may be not working, but in general it works well since verssion 4.9.2. Il open a new topic later about it.

I enjoy the BTNS and AXIS facilities.

Thanks

But TRUE_AIRSPEED_CAL_DEC

TRUE_AIRSPEED_CAL_INC are working with Cesna and Money gauge but not with Boron airspeed gauge.

Sorry, I don't even know what that one does. Are you sure whatever it is is implemented in the Baron? FSUIPC doesn't invent these things (well, except for a few added controls as listed in the Advanced Users guide). They are whatever is tabulated in FS's "Controls DLL".

2-I have a button assigned to start the engine.

It is verry easy to start the engine, because you just need to make a pulse so you hear the starter and after 2 seconds the engine starts even if the button is already release.

What I would like is "Must hold button 2 or 3 secs so you hear the starter but enginse fails to start if not hold enough time.

Hmmm .... what control are you using for the starter? If you use the MAGNETO INC (I think it is that one) and set it to repeat, this emulates holding the key to the right against the spring-loading, and on most ordinary prop models seems to need 2-3 seconds. I suspect the time is dependent on the modelling in FS, which will vary.

I could put a delay in my button rogramming but I wont hear the starter.

A solution would be to assign a FS sound to the button. Is there an easy way to make it?

Not in any software currently supported by me -- I did do a module called Esound a long time ago, but it isn't much good these days and not very easy to program in any case. I use the Project Magenta "pmSounds" module for any extra sounds I need.

Regards

Pete

Sorry, I don't even know what that one does. Are you sure whatever it is is implemented in the Baron? FSUIPC doesn't invent these things (well, except for a few added controls as listed in the Advanced Users guide). They are whatever is tabulated in FS's "Controls DLL".

It is the the control that calibrate the true airspeed.

(airspeed gage knob)

I supose it is implemented because it works in several aircraft but not in the Baron airpeed gage.

It is the the control that calibrate the true airspeed.

(airspeed gage knob)

Yes, I did actually understand the meaning of the name of the control. I just have no idea what it does, if anything, in FS!

I supose it is implemented because it works in several aircraft but not in the Baron airpeed gage.

So you know what it actually does in FS? Maybe it isn't modelled in the Baron for a good reason, or it is a bug? If the latter you should report it to MS via tell_fs@microsoft.com.

Regards

Pete

So you know what it actually does in FS? Maybe it isn't modelled in the Baron for a good reason, or it is a bug? If the latter you should report it to MS via tell_fs@microsoft.com.

In fact It does nothing in FS but the possibility to move a ring to ajust scale of Knots depending of Outside Temp.

It does not affect the reading of the gauge.

Maybe it is a .GAU bug so the calibration control does not reach the Baron gauge that also has this feature. I cant' use a button but only the mouse to move it.

I have same issue with RMI pointer button. But for this one I know there is no control.

I d like to ask not how but where should I start to look if I want to learn how to implement a btn control to a gauge?

Best Regards

In fact It does nothing in FS but the possibility to move a ring to ajust scale of Knots depending of Outside Temp. It does not affect the reading of the gauge.

That's what I thought. Quite often when that is the case the adjustment is local to the gauge and only operable by mouse. I'm actually quite surprised, really, that the control is linked up in the two aircraft in which it is.

I cant' use a button but only the mouse to move it.

I have same issue with RMI pointer button. But for this one I know there is no control.

Yes. This is the reason Luciano Napolitano's "Key2Mouse" program is so popular as it provides a way of driving the mouse from keypresses, which can in turn be programmed to buttons in FSUIPC.

I d like to ask not how but where should I start to look if I want to learn how to implement a btn control to a gauge?

If you mean programming your own gauges, you need the official Microsoft Panels SDK. See the FSinsider website. In FSX most gauges are written in XML, but earlier versions used C or C++ as well (or instead). I've not programmed a gauge myself since about FS95, so I cannot really help. There are other forums which might offer help.

Regards

Pete

Yes. This is the reason Luciano Napolitano's "Key2Mouse" program is so popular as it provides a way of driving the mouse from keypresses, which can in turn be programmed to buttons in FSUIPC.

Well I have this feature with EPIC but multi screen setup is an issue by now.

R&R should contact me soon about it.

The mouse area is restricted to the main screen and my intruments are on secondary screen.