The simFlight Network Forums

FSX FS Clock Synchronised

PeteD

I recently checked the FS Clock Sync'd (in FSUIPC ver 4.175) with the interval set at 5 minutes. After 5 minutes FSX pauses and a message appears on the screen stating "Loading, Land, Air, Sea and Traffic". This takes up to a minute and after it has finished the sim continues for another 5 minutes, the process repeats itself and so on. If you untick FS Clock Sync'd the SIM works as normal ie this message does not appear. Is this the intended behaviour? If it is - is there another setting that prevents the pause and message?

Thanks

PeterH

I recently checked the FS Clock Sync'd (in FSUIPC ver 4.175) with the interval set at 5 minutes. After 5 minutes FSX pauses and a message appears on the screen stating "Loading, Land, Air, Sea and Traffic".

Yes, because when the FS time is adjusted by more than one minute, FS reloads the traffic to account for any time-based changes -- the traffic runs to a schedule so it has to reload them for the new schedule. I'm surprised you don't also first get the message saying its reloading all the textures too, because they can change based on time.

This takes up to a minute

Phew, you must either have huge numbers of large traffic files, or a pretty slow file system. Mine takes a few seconds.

Is this the intended behaviour?

Not intended by me, but unavoidable if your FS clock gets to be more than a minute out and you try to make FSUIPC force it. The same would occur with FSRealTime. It's always been the same, in FS2000, FS2002, FS2004 and FSX. Did you not see the big BUT in the documentation?

BUT please note, any time adjustment of more than a minute or so will cause FSX to reload textures and you will get the occasional progress bar. This often happens, for example, after exiting from the menu system, whilst FSX’s clock has not been updating.

That said, once the time is set correctly you shouldn't get these things happening very often. Once the adjustment is less than one minute (i.e. zeroing the seconds at the right time) it will only normally do it after some delay has occurred. like using the menus. Your specific problem sounds like it is caused by your reload time itself being more than a minute, which really makes any lasting adjustment for a greater difference impossible.

... is there another setting that prevents the pause and message?

Unless you can get those reload times down (Disk defragmentation? Better file arrangement on disk? Reduced traffic levels? Faster traffic files, like MyTrafficX perhaps?), then I can't really see any sort of full synchronisation working for you. However, if you set the "minutes" to 1 or even 0 and manage to get the hours and minutes set okay, the option should still maintain the seconds correctly, so, ignoring outages like menu access and so on, the time should stay in sync thereafter.

Regards

Pete