The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 dont start

Hi there.

Ive tried further tests ..I removed both fscopilot.dll and fsuipc.dll from my modules folder.....I then ran a simconnect log and it came up with this:

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61242.0

0.01802 File not found: Path="Modules\FSCopilot.dll"

0.01811 File not found: Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll"

Therefore does this not mean simconnect IS looking for the fsuipc and in right location...as the file not found for fsuipc doesnt appear when it is there.......therefore surely does this not mean your program is faltering somehow.........

i must find the answer to this or it'll haunt me

b

Ive tried further tests ..I removed both fscopilot.dll and fsuipc.dll from my modules folder.....I then ran a simconnect log and it came up with this:

Aha! That is MUCH better. The last time you provided a Simconnect log there was no sign of it even trying to load FSUIPC4.

That changes everything. Evidently you fixed something.

Therefore does this not mean simconnect IS looking for the fsuipc and in right location...as the file not found for fsuipc doesnt appear when it is there.......therefore surely does this not mean your program is faltering somehow.........

No. Now you've managed, at last, to get SimConnect actually looking for FSUIPC4 for the first time EVER (according to all of your reports before now), put the FSUIPC4.DLL back into the Modules folder, then run FSX, and you should find an FSUIPC4.LOG in the Modules folder. Show me that AND the SimConnect log again!

Pete

Hi ....bad news again....the log file isnt appearing(i added the fsuipc dll file back into the modules folder)......I added some code to generate the simconnect log.....is there some code i could add to get the fsuipc log....im way out of my depth here

apologies for all the negativeness im hurling at you

I assume its not this log file as this is for the original installation:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.20

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61355.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\BRAD\Application Data"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\BRAD\Application Data"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\BRAD\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed okay!

*************** End of Install Log ***************

b :(

Hi ....bad news again....the log file isnt appearing(i added the fsuipc dll file back into the modules folder)......I added some code to generate the simconnect log.....is there some code i could add to get the fsuipc log....im way out of my depth here

The logs you sent are all EXACTLY the same as you first showed me, many messages ago. There is no sign of SimConnect seeing FSUIPC4 -- it is simply not being loaded. Look for yourself:

0.14583 Panels data export found and set to 20A819B8

0.76532 DLL Loaded: Path="Modules\FSCopilot.dll" Version="1.2007.508.1"

> 24.27502 [63, 1]Open: Version=0x00000003 Name="FSCopilot"

There is no entry at all for FSUIPC4, it isn't even looking for it.

Now contrast that with the success you showed just above:

In your email you also said:

i tried changing the name of the fsuipc dll in the modules folder to fscopilot.dll...within the simconnect file i had come up fsuipc not found...

Now that isn't clear to me. There's no such file as "FSUIPC.DLL", it should be "FSUIPC4.DLL". And how did you change the name to FSCopilot.DLL in the Modules folder when there's already one there by that name? And then what does the last sentence mean?

Please do try to state what you are doing and what the results are more clearly. Very little of what you've been saying makes any sense, I'm sorry to say.

also would ifly have changed where fsuipc is being searched for.......i dont have to move fsuic .dll to another folder do i?

The DLL.XML file tells SimConnect where to find FSUIPC4.DLL. As you surely saw from the log entry which said File not found: Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll". It goes in the Modules folder!!!

But if it isn't there, SimConnect would log the fact that it cannot find it, which it isn't -- except that one time you reported above. So what did you do then? Do the same again but put FSUIPC4.DLL back into the Modules folder!

I have to keep repeating this. There is no way any part of any code in FSUIPC4 is being run at present, it isn't being loaded, it never runs. This is why you are never getting an FSUIPC4.LOG. If it never runs then no changes which can possibly be made to it will have any effect. To have any effect a program actually has to run! Surely you can see that?

Let's start again, but even more simply. Forget FSCopilot for now. That's complicating matters. Delete the DLL.XML file, then re-run Install FSUIPC4.exe, then run FSX. Show me the SimConnect log. Look for an FSUIPC4.log.

Pete

One last idea for tonight. Have you ever seen a prompt from Windows asking if you really wanted to run FSUIPC4 (see examples in the User Guide)? If you had and possible chose some option telling Windows not to and never to ask you again, maybe it is Windows which is refusing to let Simconnect load it on your instructions?

If you have done this I'm not sure how you undo it. I think you have to go into Internet Explorer, select Internet Options -- Content -- Publishers. Look at "Trusted Publishers" and "Untrusted Publishers". Peter L. Dowson should either be in neither (if you've never made a choice) on in "Trusted". If I'm Untrusted you'll need to click the Remove button. There may also be Peter L. Dowson in the Certificates tab. That's okay.

I really don't hold out much hope for this, as I would have thought it would still be reported by SimConnect in its log.

Pete

Pete,

All the confusion in the last mail was because i was being brief in replies and this lead to cross wires......let us forget all that and move to the latest event.......

I deleted dll.xml

I reinstalled fsuipc

I ran fsx

no joy and NO LOG!

BUT......I then deleted the FSUIPC4.dll from my modules folder......

I re ran fsx and this is the simconnect log........

0.04800 File not found: Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll"

Therefore simconnect looks for fsuipc.dll and finds it but no runs because your mysterious log file no appear.....

Now as for what has caused the removal of the fsuipc4.dll file to be picked up on in the simconnect log is a mystery-I can only assume it has something to do with my reinstalling fsx

thanks

hate the problem but please dont berate me unfairly

b

er.....pete.............that was the answer!u solved it......it was a flippin internet security issue all along!now i have a been a guinea pig and served u well.............i feel better now because i was dishing out so much problems but have aided in solving faster any future problems with fsuipc that may be logged in future.

why u are untrusted is a mystery.........I must have blocked u maybe in past for some reason......

we never gave up......okay in some ways i did but we won through

thanks pete again........ifly here i come!

er.....pete.............that was the answer!u solved it......it was a flippin internet security issue all along!now i have a been a guinea pig and served u well.............i feel better now because i was dishing out so much problems but have aided in solving faster any future problems with fsuipc that may be logged in future.

Well, no one has ever "untrusted" me before, as far as I know.

It is rather annoying that when someone does this there is no message, not even a peep, from SimConnect. I'll be asking folks in Microsoft about that. Maybe I can somehow check for it in my Installer -- speaking of which, that is alsosigned by Pete L Dowson, so why wasn't Windows stopping that? Didn't you get any prompts or warnings?

Regards

Pete

I honestly cant say completely but Im almost 100percent sure I was given no warnings about your certificate.I was given one for ifly about installing a gau file for it but not for you.....the thing is ultimately what does it matter?........I look on this as a solution to the problem.......Just tried ifly and works fine. :lol:

I can see its business for you as usual......can u find no release in the turn around of this issue that arose?!..for you your search continues but here is where my journey ends where i now must part.......goodbye pete and thanks again!

I can see its business for you as usual......can u find no release in the turn around of this issue that arose?!..for you your search continues

Yes, I am experimenting today to see if I can make the Installer tell the user when he has this "Untrusted" problem.

Meanwhile, good flying for you! ;-)

Regards

Pete