The simFlight Network Forums

Low Speed Governers for C-130

Pete or anyone....Flying the Just Flt/Capt Sim C-130 hercules....is there a key(s) function that can be assigned to the "LOW SPEED GROUND IDLE CONTROL" buttons.....these are used to put props in a low speed config for reduced engine ware during start-up......I don't us the VC where the buttons are found and only operable...THNX so much.....Vincent :?:

Pete or anyone....Flying the Just Flt/Capt Sim C-130 hercules....is there a key(s) function that can be assigned to the "LOW SPEED GROUND IDLE CONTROL" buttons.

If they use an FS control for it, yes. If not, no, unless they've made special provision for a keyboard shortcut. Isn't there any documentation?

You could always enable Event logging in FSUIPC (it's one of the check options on the left in the Logging tab), when operate it with the mouse and see if there's an control logged in FSUIPC.LOG. Try both Axis and non-axis events (two options) just in case.

Regards

Pete

Thanx Pete.......I will try your suggestion.......I see so much stuff listed in the key button list and some of it I have no clue what it is or what it would be used for....hence my question. So many times different names are given to the same instrument/function....eg..throttles, thrust levers, for simple example. Sometimes I wish there was a dictionary with the function of some of the buttons listed......for example .. Button flag Clear, Center Nt361 Check, offset byte cyclic dec...to list a few....Anyhow thank you for your idea and I will try it......a very satisfied customer........VB

Thanx Pete.......I will try your suggestion.......I see so much stuff listed in the key button list and some of it I have no clue what it is or what it would be used for....hence my question.

Yes, but those are all either for built-in FS facilities, or ones added by FSUIPC. The one you asked for is specific to that add-on panel, and is probably implemented internally as some sort of throttle adjustment. Maybe you could emulate it easily with an Axis throttle set control with the parameter giving the required value. Like the "0" key on the keyboard to set the throttle to idle.

But I don't know. I don't have that aircraft and I've never heard of the function before. If you are wanting to use it you probably know what it does and can therefore select the best way to do it.

So many times different names are given to the same instrument/function....eg..throttles, thrust levers, for simple example.

Where are you looking? If FS's assignments, or the FSUIPC drop-down?

The FSUIPC assignment drop-downs merely list the internal name for functions directly from FS's own "CONTROLS" table. Even I don't know what many of them do, and some don't work in any case. It's a matter of experiment. You can't do any harm.

Sometimes I wish there was a dictionary with the function of some of the buttons listed

I did try, in FS98/FS2000 days, to annotate some of them -- the document doing that is still available on http://www.schiratti.com/dowson . But I gave up when I found how many were added / deleted/ not working in subsequent releases.

......for example .. Button flag Clear, Center Nt361 Check, offset byte cyclic dec...to list a few.

The FSUIPC-added specials are documented clearly enough, I hope, in the FSUIPC Advanced User's Guide. Button flags and all of the Offset controls are detailed there. The NT361 thing is a relic of some old yoke which FS98 used to support directly. That control may or may not still be hooked up inside FS, I don't know. If you had an NT361 you could try it, but I've never even seen one.

Regards

Pete