The simFlight Network Forums

Writeable ATC Offsets for assigning AI runway?

Bryn

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a writeable offset for AI runway assignment? I think this is something of a holy grail in the AI scheme of things. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on finding such an offset, please tell!

Bryn.

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a writeable offset for AI runway assignment? I think this is something of a holy grail in the AI scheme of things. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on finding such an offset, please tell

You'll never find any "new" offsets via FSUIPC these days as the representation of the data as being laid out in memory inside FS which contains all of its stuff is merely an illusion. The offset values are now simply ID codes -- the data is obtained from all over the place, sometimes by direct access through layers of C++ style class pointers, sometimes procedurally via C++ style virtual function calls.

I don't know any way to get into the FS ATC subsystem at all. Sorry.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete - I know you've said before that you've looked into it and haven't had much luck. It's a bummer really - it'd be great to have just that little bit extra control over the AI.

I always hoped the traffictoolbox SDK would be helpful, but it never has been. I did note, though, that the FS9.cfg file includes a c++ like function call when you create an aircraft through the toolbox. Something like traffictoolbox::createAircraft.

Probably nothing in that, though.

Cheers,

Bryn.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying -- as mentioned in the Announcements above, my wife and I were off touring Argentina & Chile (by steam trains where possible) immediately after I returned to the UK from the AVSIM FanCon in Seattle.

... it'd be great to have just that little bit extra control over the AI.

I don't think getting into FS's ATC gives you control over AI -- it's an illusion if you think that's how it works. I'm pretty sure that the AI are following their plans come what may. I think the ATC "interaction" with them is acting to match what they do.

You can send FS controls to AI aircraft via FSUIPC (or direct through SimConnect in FSX). This is what Radar Contact 4.3, and more so the upcoming RC5, does to try to "make way" for the user. AI Smooth does the same.

The nicest thing which I'd like to be able to do is to assign runways for takeoff and landing, so that it would affect both AI and ATC. I don't know how to do that though.

that the FS9.cfg file includes a c++ like function call when you create an aircraft through the toolbox. Something like traffictoolbox::createAircraft.

Creating AI aircraft is supported via SimConnect in FSX.

Regards

Pete