The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.20 install issues

Hi,

I'm really despairing from installing FSUIPC 4.20 on my FSX (and enjoying my addon aircrafts because

absolutely no gauges appears).

I read almost all the messages in this forum and tried everything adviced by Pete but it was unsuccessful.

I still can't see any "addons" menu in my flight menu, sadly meaning that FSUIPC is not installed properly. :(

I have FSX SP1 on XP SP2 and no firewall or anti-virus.

Maybe I'm not accurate enough, but I think I really need some help from you here.

So thanks a lot in advance for any help you could bring me. :wink:

The "Addons" menu appeared one time :P (but without registration sub-menu).

There was two FSUIPSC entry lines finishing by =0 into my FSX.cfg.

I only replaced it with =2 as well for a lot of gauges entries and now the most of my gauges are working. I'm so happy! :lol:

But I still don't know if FSUIPC is working properly as the "Addons" menu doesn't appear anymore. :?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying -- as mentioned in the Announcements above, my wife and I were off touring Argentina & Chile (by steam trains where possible) immediately after I returned to the UK from the AVSIM FanCon in Seattle.

I'm really despairing from installing FSUIPC 4.20 on my FSX (and enjoying my addon aircrafts because absolutely no gauges appears).

FSUIPC is not usually needed to make gauges appear. Only a very few add-ons use FSUIPC for gauge functions.

I read almost all the messages in this forum and tried everything adviced by Pete but it was unsuccessful. I still can't see any "addons" menu in my flight menu, sadly meaning that FSUIPC is not installed properly. :(

Well, more likely it means SimConnect is not installed properly, and that will affect a lot more things, not just FSUIPC.

I need to see some information before I can even begin to help. The Install Log for FSUIPC, the FSUIPC4 Log itself, and (since you say you tried most things already), the SimConnect log you must have by now ...? (If not, see the FSX Help Announcement).

Regards

Pete