The simFlight Network Forums

PFC.Dll and Throttle Quadrant

Guest Federico Sanchez

Guest Federico Sanchez

Dear Pete:

I just got the PFC Throttle Quadrant for 2 engine Jet. Everything goes OK on Calibration and Hardware Performance just for the following:

I get constant Fs2002 pauses which goes from 3 to 20 seconds and in some cases Fs2002 crashes and I have to reboot the computer. I pressed CTRL ALT DEL to see what was the resources used by the computer when running FS2002 with the Throttle Quadrant and it goes up to 100% of resources which it is kind of strange because no other programs are running. Last thing I tried was to unistall the PFC.dll from FS2002\modules directory to see if that was the problem and actually is. I get no pauses and I get PC resources down to 10% and no FS2202 lookups, but I can not use the Throttle Quadrant (No drivers ). Can you help me.

I use Windows XP on a DELL Dimension 8250 Pentium4

Thanks in advance

Federico Sanchez

Mexico

I get constant Fs2002 pauses which goes from 3 to 20 seconds and in some cases Fs2002 crashes and I have to reboot the computer.

Ouch, Nasty.

Last thing I tried was to unistall the PFC.dll from FS2002\modules directory to see if that was the problem and actually is. I get no pauses and I get PC resources down to 10% and no FS2202 lookups, but I can not use the Throttle Quadrant (No drivers ). Can you help me.

Sounds like a COM port or seral driver problem. Make sure the COM port is not sharing an IRQ with anything else. Try another COM port. Try deleting it in the device manager and re-installing it. If it comes to the worst you may have to try re-installing Windows.

Regards,

Pete

I get constant Fs2002 pauses which goes from 3 to 20 seconds and in some cases Fs2002 crashes and I have to reboot the computer.

Ouch, Nasty.

Last thing I tried was to unistall the PFC.dll from FS2002\modules directory to see if that was the problem and actually is. I get no pauses and I get PC resources down to 10% and no FS2202 lookups, but I can not use the Throttle Quadrant (No drivers ). Can you help me.

Sounds like a COM port or seral driver problem. Make sure the COM port is not sharing an IRQ with anything else. Try another COM port. Try deleting it in the device manager and re-installing it. If it comes to the worst you may have to try re-installing Windows.

Regards,

Pete

Hate to sound dumb but how exactly would one go about seeing if the COM port is sharing an IRQ with something else? Thanks

[Hate to sound dumb but how exactly would one go about seeing if the COM port is sharing an IRQ with something else? Thanks

In XP, Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools-System Information, then select Hardware Resource-IRQs. Also check Conflicts/Sharing while you're there.

Pete