The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle disconnect

I took 2004 right out, and put in FSX . I just upgraded to the latest FCUIPC 4.16 and put the latest PFCFSX.dll from Precision Flight Controls cause i am running the yoke and the throttle quadrent of there's. When i open the taps on take off, the throttles disconnect and go to idle and it doesn't matter if it's the level D 767-the defaults or any of the props, any ideas ,all i've done so far is delete the INI file, let it build itself back up and still the same -i have SP1 in flight sim - XP and not running Vista. I talked to you at the Conference Pete and we went to the Boeing plant Sunday morning.Thanks Louis

I took 2004 right out, and put in FSX . I just upgraded to the latest FCUIPC 4.16 and put the latest PFCFSX.dll from Precision Flight Controls cause i am running the yoke and the throttle quadrent of there's.

The latest release of FSUIPC4 is 4.20, not 4.16. 4.16 is not supported. Please see the List of current supported versions in the Announcements above.

PFC do not usually release up to date versions of PFCFSX.DLL -- try the version (4.30) from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson , where you can also find FSUIPC 4.20.

When i open the taps on take off, the throttles disconnect and go to idle

By "taps" do you mean "throttles" or what? I'm not familiar with that term in aviation I'm afraid. If you do mean throttles, are you saying the throttles just don't wpork. Have you calibrated them in PFCFSX at all?

all i've done so far is delete the INI file, let it build itself back up and still the same

What INI file are you talking about? If you've claibrated in PFCFSX and delete its INI you will lose all your calibrations. You should be able to simply copy over your PFC.INI file from FS9 if you used it there, and rename it to PFCFSX.INI.

I talked to you at the Conference Pete and we went to the Boeing plant Sunday morning

Oh. Hi! ;-)

Regards

Pete

Ummm sorry Pete, I bought the 4.20 but 4.16 is what's in the flight sim so i better make sure i install it right . Opening the taps is when you open the throttles full for take off, my problem is they don't stay full throttle-they keep going back to idle . The ini file i took out is PFCFSX.INI. I'll go through what you say and go from there. Just got the 4.20, in so now when i open up flight sim --addons -FCUIPC- it is 4.20 that's in -Louis

Ummm sorry Pete, I bought the 4.20 but 4.16 is what's in the flight sim

You don't "buy" a specific version 4.xx. You just buy FSUIPC4, then, hopefully, keep it up to date. ;-)

so i better make sure i install it right

The FSUIPC4 package from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson comes with an installer which does it for you.

Opening the taps is when you open the throttles full for take off, my problem is they don't stay full throttle-they keep going back to idle .

In that case you have another joystick activated in FSX which is interfering. Go into FSX's Options-controls-Assignments and disable all your other joysticks.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete you were right, it never happened in 2004 but in FSX it did. I deleted the slider throttle on my Cirrus yoke. Have you ever heard of these guys? http://www.fs-gs.com/ his name is Micheal and so far he has spent a good 5 hours going through my whole set up on the telephone on MSN and he still had a good 4-5 hours to go before i'm all set up. Thanks again Pete all seems ok now ---Louis