The simFlight Network Forums

No Addons Menu

Hello. I'm hoping someone can answer this for me.

I have installed v4.2 of FSUIPC into FSX but I am not seeing the Addons menu. Here is a copy of the log...

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.20 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX (SimConnect SP1 May07)

Module base=61000000

DebugStatus=0

31 System time = 15:51:50

31 FLT UNC path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Phil\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

31 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

828 LogOptions=00000001

828 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

6188 Exception 5 "VERSION_MISMATCH", Ref 447, Version 0.60905: Open: SimConnect Version incorrect!

6188 Trying another version of SimConnect ...

6297 Now running with SimConnect Original

6297 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

6297 Exception 5 "VERSION_MISMATCH", Ref 447, Version 0.60905: Open: SimConnect Version incorrect!

6297 Trying another version of SimConnect ...

6406 Could not link to all needed SimConnect facilities

6406 Failed on SimConnect_CallDispatch for Message, return = 0xFF100020

21453 **** Retrying SimConnect connection****

21453 Could not link to all needed SimConnect facilities [code 0]

36516 **** Retrying SimConnect connection****

36516 Could not link to all needed SimConnect facilities [code 0]

51531 **** Retrying SimConnect connection****

51531 Could not link to all needed SimConnect facilities [code 0]

66563 **** Retrying SimConnect connection****

66563 Could not link to all needed SimConnect facilities [code 0]

81641 **** Retrying SimConnect connection****

81641 Could not link to all needed SimConnect facilities [code 0]

97438 **** Retrying SimConnect connection****

97438 Could not link to all needed SimConnect facilities [code 0]

101235 System time = 15:53:32

101235 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 2 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

I read something about security software making this happen but none of this is installed. Even the Windows Firewall is turned off. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

6188 Exception 5 "VERSION_MISMATCH", Ref 447, Version 0.60905: Open: SimConnect Version incorrect!

6188 Trying another version of SimConnect ...

Without also seeing your Install log for FSUIPC4 I can't be very specific, but it is either a bad installation of SimConnect itself, or you have a copy of the SimConnect DLL itself installed either in the Modules folder (delete it) or somewhere where it is being loaded by another add-on -- check other SimConnect-using add-ons you have.

The SimConnect DLL must only ever be loaded from the Windows WinSxS folders. If they somehow get found and loaded elsewhere they don't work correctly.

Regards

Pete

I don't even know what SimConnect is. Is this something new with this version? I don't remember ever hearing the name before.

SimConnect is the new Microsoft FS application interface for FSX and beyond, eventually supplanting FSUIPC for that purpose. FSUIPC's interfacing role is now mainly for interfacing older applications.

Pete

So am I looking for a file called "SimConnect"?

Not initially. First, what add-ons, apart from FSUIPC4, have you installed? If you've only installed FSUIPC4 and nothing else, then simply look in the FSX "Modules" folder and make sure there's no nothing in there which includes the word "SimConnect" in its name. You'd need to do the same in the folders of any other add-ons you have installed. Don't delete them ll for now, just list them for me.

First and easiest, though, please just show me the Install and FSUIPC4 logs from the FSX Modules folder, as already mentioned.

Pete

This could be a little difficult to work on now. I was doing some work on my father's computer as I was visiting for the holidays. Unfortunately I am back home now (another state) but I will see if I can get this information and get back to you. It might be a little while (if at all) but I will see what I can do.

Thanks for your help so far!