The simFlight Network Forums

FSWideScreen installation

Hash

Hi,

Can somebody pls explain to me the correct way to install FSWidwScreen??

I tried several time now but it didnt work! I have a wireless Broadband router to conect the Server PC and other PC or LapTops.

What I did were:

1. Install/copy WideServer.dll and WideServer.ini files in FS9-Modules folder in the Server PC

2. Install/copy WideClient.exe and WideClient.ini files in one of my Laptops.

For example I want to install FSNavigator on the LapTop and as I understand it, it is not necessary to install the FS9 in the LapTop. But after installing the FSNAv it requested the FS9 modules path, how exactly doest it work. In the other case with FSCommander. After installing in my LapTop, as I understand it thru FSWideScreen it will be connected to FS9 in the serverPC but it did'nt work that way!

What went wrong? Is there a way I should do to correct it......?

Thanks

Hash

On the WideServer PC, start FS as normal. Then, on the WideClient/remote PC, start the wideclient.exe file and wait for it to connect to FS over the network. Once WideClient.exe is connected then you can start any FS application on the remote PC and they will see FS running. If FS doesn't inidcate "Waiting for clients" in the FS window boarder, or WideClient.exe doesn't indicated "Connected" then you have other issues to resolve before trying to start the apps on the remote PC. Most connection issues are of the network or firewall type. Ensure TCP port 8002 is open in the Firewall on both PC's.

Good luck...

AL

For example I want to install FSNavigator on the LapTop and as I understand it, it is not necessary to install the FS9 in the LapTop.

FSNavigator is NOT an FSUIPC client application, but an FS DLL (i.e. a Module, like FSUIPC, which installs INTO FS itself). It is one of the main examples of add-ons which cannot possibly be run on any machine not running FS!

In the other case with FSCommander. After installing in my LapTop, as I understand it thru FSWideScreen it will be connected to FS9 in the serverPC but it did'nt work that way!

FSCommander works fine through WideFS, but you must run WideClient on the client PC first.

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thank you for the reply & HAppy New Year 2008. I thout FS NAvigator is one of FSUIPC Clients. Besides FS Commander what are the other addons that is related to FSUIPC? On the WideScreen, I already run it on the client PC/LapTop, but still nothing happends. As mention by Jordanal, there maybe net work issues that I havnt solved yet.

Thanks anyway.

Hash

I thout FS NAvigator is one of FSUIPC Clients.

Why? It has never used FSUIPC and FSUIPC is not mentioned at all anywhere in its description or documentation that I know of.

Besides FS Commander what are the other addons that is related to FSUIPC?

Too many to list here. Check the links on the right-hand side of the main http://www.schiratti.com/dowson download page for some examples.

Surely, instead of asking what will use FSUIPC you should be asking yourself what you want to use the second PC for? Seems odd to just want to run what will run rather than have some sort of purpose.

On the WideScreen

WideFS you mean. It is a little misleading to think of it as "widescreen", which is merely a 16:9 display. It also leads to confusion with WidevieW which is a totally different program.

I already run it on the client PC/LapTop, but still nothing happends

By "nothing happens", you mean there is no Window made by the WideClient program? Nothing saying "waiting for connection" or something similar? Please check the WideClient.Log file on the client PC and the WideServer.Log file on the Server PC and show me those. They will tell you what is going on.

I really cannot believe "nothing happens"!

Regards

Pete

Pete,

On the FSNAv, sorry for the misunderstanding. On FSWide, pls find the wideclient log notes.

********* WideClient Log [version 6.75] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 06/01/08, Time 13:39:03.433: Client name is MICROSOFT

1963 Attempting to connect now

2984 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

2984 Failed to connect: waiting to try again

5007 Attempting to connect now

69750 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

188871 ****** End of session performance summary ******

188871 Total time connected = 0 seconds

188871 Reception maximum: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

188871 Transmission maximum: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

188871 Max receive buffer = 0, Max send depth = 0, Send frames lost = 0

188871 ********* Log file closed (Buffers: MaxUsed 0, Alloc 0 Freed 0 Refused 0) *********

Thank you and Regards,

Hashry

2984 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

2984 Failed to connect: waiting to try again

5007 Attempting to connect now

69750 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

This just means that the Client is not receiving the details of where the Server is. If FS is running and WideServer is operating (is it? You don't show the WideServer log file), AND the Server is running Windows XP or Vista, then it will be sending out regular Identification messages to all client PCs in the same workgroup also running XP or Vista.

So, one of these things applies in your case:

1. WideServer is not enabled on the Server PC. I can't tell, you show no Log for it, or

2. The server PC or the Client PC or both are not running Windos XP or Vista, or

3. The two PCs are not in the same Workgroup.

Case 2 can be solved by telling WideClient where the server is. The WideFS documentation tells you how -- basically it needs two parameters adding to the [Config] section of the INI file, one for ServerName and the other for Protocol. These are unnecessary when you use recent versions of Windows because they support the broadcasting which allows automatic connection.

Regards

Pete