The simFlight Network Forums

FSX... no "modules" menu

Hi, Pete and thanks for your years of Flight Sim addons! Just downloaded ADVDISP and installed it per the instructions. I cannot find a "modules" menu when I open FSX. What am I doing wrong... I'm sure it's something stupid. BTW, I did look through the other posts but didn't see anything referencing this problem.

Jeff Even

Rocklin, California, USA

Hi, Pete and thanks for your years of Flight Sim addons! Just downloaded ADVDISP and installed it per the instructions.

AdvDisplay was discontinued some time ago. It most certainly doesn't work in FSX. The function of AdvDisplay was replaced by facilities in FSUIPC some 2-3 years ago, for FS2004 and FSX. AdvDisplay is only useful now on FS2002 and before.

I cannot find a "modules" menu when I open FSX.

FSX never has a Modules menu. It will have an Add Ons menu if you install FSUIPC4 or other add-ins.

I did look through the other posts but didn't see anything referencing this problem.

Try the Announcements at the top of the forum. That is where all the information is placed, for reference. Posts are ephemeral and so not a good reference point. Look especially at the "List of Supported Versions" where you will find this:

AdvDisplay 2.14 (4th November 2005) -- FS2004 compatible

No longer being developed even for new versions of FS.

The programs which are compatible with FSX are labelled so.

Regards

Pete