The simFlight Network Forums

GoFlight ATC module programming

I am trying to program my GoFlight ATC module in FSUIPC4 using the Buttons section. Whenever I press the rotary knob I get a joystick number and a button number but cannot tie in the button numbers with the 10 ATC module selections. I'm probably doing something stupid, it wouldn't be the first time, but I'd appreciate any suggestion. Thanks.

I am trying to program my GoFlight ATC module in FSUIPC4 using the Buttons section. Whenever I press the rotary knob I get a joystick number and a button number but cannot tie in the button numbers with the 10 ATC module selections.

I haven't used FS's ATC, so I need some clarification. also I'm not sure what you mean by "pressing" a rotary knob? When I had GF units you had rotary controls, which you could turn either way, or buttons or switches, which you pressed or toggled. What does pressing a rotary do? Is this an extra capability of some of the new units?

With regard to the ATC stuff, how are you trying to do it? I'm aware of some ATC controls in the FS controls drop down. Don't they work? I think they are called ATC Menu 0 to 9. Right?

You might not be aware of this, but FSX's (not FS9's, or before) ATC window actually intercepts keystrokes before FSUIPC can get them, so if you are trying to use those it won't work -- unless, that is, you use the latest Beta version of FSUIPC4 (from the FSX Downloads Announcement above), where I've found a way of getting the jump on that ATC window! ;-)

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

The way the GoFlight ATC module works is by using a single digit numerical LED display and a rotary knob that can be pressed. When the ATC menu appears on the screen ( giving options of 1 up to 9) the user rotates the knob which changes the number on LED display until the required number is displayed. The rotary knob is then pressed to send the number selected to FSX. This takes the place of pressing the required number on the keyboard.

I'll try downloading the latest beta version of FSUIPC4 and let you know the result. Thanks for a great product.

Phil McEvoy.

The way the GoFlight ATC module works is by using a single digit numerical LED display and a rotary knob that can be pressed. When the ATC menu appears on the screen ( giving options of 1 up to 9) the user rotates the knob which changes the number on LED display until the required number is displayed. The rotary knob is then pressed to send the number selected to FSX. This takes the place of pressing the required number on the keyboard.

Er, the GF ATC Module? OhI don't recall supporting this ATC module in FSUIPC. I've certainly no idea what it does. Let me check my code:

... ah yes. It is mentioned! Wow! It gets a normal dial value, like the rotaries on a GF46 or RP48. That should give you up to 4 button numbers, fast counter-clockwise, slow counter-clockwise, slow clockwise and fast clockwise. Also up to 4 buttons or switches? Is that right? I've never actually seen one.

So, how are you wanting to use it in FSUIPC? Obviously GF's own driver simply sends the keypresses. But for FSUIPC you don't have ten buttons 0-9, what you have is 4 buttons telling it what the rotary is doing, then some additional buttons.

I must admit I'm confused. If you want to use it for its original purpose why aren't you using the GF facilities? If you want to use FSUIPC then I assume you just want the rotary as a rotary and the buttons as buttons. How does that relate to ATC?

Regards

Pete