The simFlight Network Forums

Need FSUIPC 4.15 Download

If anyone can please send me a copy of 4.15, I would really appreciate it. I need to test a theory I have. I will then post the results.

Could you explain what it is you are trying to test, please? Maybe I can answer it for you without such hassle?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Basically, I'm having a consistant problem with the PMDG 747x. After many hours of flight, I'm getting an FSX crash with a generic error upon landing at the destination airport. After I receive the error message, and close FSX, I check the Windows event log, and see many simconnect errors with FSUIPC listed. It's not scenery related as I don't have any add-on scenery.

After speaking to somone whom I consider and expert with FS, and computing, he mentioned that he had several reports of the same type of behavior, and in all cases, it was related to FSUIPC 4.2x having an issue with simconnect. He knew without me telling him that I was on 4.2x, and said that the problem was resolved by moving to 4.15.

So, in order to test this theory, I need a copy of 4.15. It may work, or it may not, but at least it's worth a try. Flying with the end result being an error is very frustrating.

Thanks for reading.

John

P.S. I have the registered version. The only facilities I use is the key stroke mapping to my yoke buttons.

I check the Windows event log, and see many simconnect errors with FSUIPC listed.

Yes, those are documented and unavoidable. They are the results of FSUIPC doing manifest probes for versions of SimConnect. There appears no other way of having a single program work with the latest SimConnect library whilst still also working with the older ones for those who have not upgraded.

There are exactly three such errors logged for each "probe" attempt. The Installer also produces them because it probes as well.

The errors will occur as soon as FSUIPC4 is loaded (by the RTM SimConnect) so that it can then determine which SimConnect to actually connect to. If the connection with SimConnect is lost subsequently, they may re-occur when it goes through the same process before reconnecting. If the latter is occurring it will be clearly Logged in the FSUIPC4.LOG file, so look there.

If you have installed FSUIPC 4.25 look in the User Guide. It was also in the 4.20 User Guide. For 4.25 it is described in a section entitled "SideBySide Errors in the System Event Log", on page 47.

They do no harm. It is part of the natural and correct process documented by Microsoft.

Regards

Pete

I check the Windows event log, and see many simconnect errors with FSUIPC listed.

They do no harm. It is part of the natural and correct process documented by Microsoft.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I ran a test over the weekend. Since I couldn't track down a copy of 4.15, I completely removed FSUIPC. I then tried the same flight that hasn't been successful (KMIA-EGLL) with the PMDG 747x. This time, the flight went smooth, and there was no problem at the destination airport. I need to run a couple more to confirm the theory, but this was promising.

For some reason, the 747x, and FSUIPC seem to crash with those simconnect errors. I know you mention they are harmless, but for ME, they must be causing something to crash FSX. It may be my setup, or just an anomaly.

Just to be clear, my LVLD 767 works fine with FSUIPC. It's just the 747x that has this issue.

I will test some more, and let you know.

XP SP2

FSX SP1

Thanks,

John

For some reason, the 747x, and FSUIPC seem to crash with those simconnect errors.

Those are NOT SimConnect errors!!!

If they are being logged other than at FSX startup time, or when you run the FSUIPC4 Installer, then they are a RESULT of SimConnect activity being blocked, causing FSUIPC to retry the connection.

I know you mention they are harmless, but for ME, they must be causing something to crash FSX.

No, it is the other way round. it is the crash which is stopping SimConnect responding which is causing FSUIPC to try to reconnect, and it is that action which creates the Log entries. You have it all back-to-front.

Just to be clear, my LVLD 767 works fine with FSUIPC. It's just the 747x that has this issue.

The PMDG 747X is a heavy user of SimConnect. I suspect that either you are still using FSX RTM or SP1 (i.e not the SP2 or Acceleration updates), so forcing both FSUIPC and PMDG to use TCP/IP connections via SimConnect, or, just possibly, you are using SP2 or Acceleration, but the PMDG 747X routines aren't updated to use it, and so are still reliant on good TCP/IP operation.

Assuming it is a TCP/IP problem you need to be looking at things like memory availability (TCP/IP buffers use it up very quickly), virus checkers, firewalls, and similar security checking programs, all of which put hooks and filters in the way of fast TCP/IP communications, even in the same PC.

XP SP2

FSX SP1

Aha! There you go. Update FSX to SP2 and the loading on TCP/IP by FSUIPC (4.20 or later) disappears immediately. I can't speak for PMDG's usage.

Regards

Pete