The simFlight Network Forums

Very unusual Problem with Widefs X

Hello Peter

Sorry to bother you about this but goes beyon my skills to solve it.

I have been using Widefs X with FSX with no problem at all, until I decide to change to a new PC (ovbiously faster that the old one). and upgrade to widefsx7.

Every thing looks fine until first client is connected to Wideserver, it shown as usual "one connected", but after a few seconds shows "2 connected" and continues increasing the numbre of connections after a few seconds pause, "three connected"...etc..even that is only one Client PC connected to wideserver, It goes like that until I disconnect the wide client PC.

At wideclien log file shows like the wideserver lost the connection and tries to get a new one without disconnecting the first one, and goes on an on doing the same.

Crazzy isn´t it?.... Any idea what the problem could be?

Sorry about written mistakes, english is not my native lenguage..

Jaime Marin

Well..

I found what the problem was.........

Panda Internet security 2008 was the one who gave me the hard time, It is already unistalled and using AVG antivirus instead,

Finaly I can enjoy the new PC with FSX and Project Magenta.

Thank you any way

At wideclien log file shows like the wideserver lost the connection and tries to get a new one without disconnecting the first one, and goes on an on doing the same.

Crazzy isn´t it?.... Any idea what the problem could be?

Not crazy, it is a symptom of a bad connection (and it is even described in the documentation!). Show the log files (both Clinet and Server) for more help. I can't guess.

Pete