The simFlight Network Forums

mapping commands

Hi

I have been trying to map commands, using FSX, FSUCPI and PMDG 747

Setting autopilot disconnect, assiging keys in PMDG interface, example ctrl alt 4, go to FSUCPI and under buttons set saitek button on my yoke and assign the keys, return to FSX to test nothing happens.

Also tried with TOGO, set key command in PMDG, set in FSUCPI i.e. joystick no 4 button does nothing. FSUCPI knows both yoke button and key commands, I am lost help me...

Is it PMDG or FSUCPI or me ????

Rgds

Paul

I have been trying to map commands, using FSX, FSUCPI and PMDG 747

Setting autopilot disconnect, assiging keys in PMDG interface, example ctrl alt 4, go to FSUCPI and under buttons set saitek button on my yoke and assign the keys, return to FSX to test nothing happens.

Tell me more. Does Ctrl+Alt+4 work on the keyboard? Alt is a very difficult Key to use, because you have always to be sure to press it first -- if you do not it invokes the Menu instead. I suspect that FSUIPC issues the Alt first even if you pressed them the other way. FSUIPC has a fixed order for all the shifts -- it deliberate does Alt first just so that Menus can be invoked. Best to always avoid Alt if possible (I think I say that in the documentation someplace).

Also tried with TOGO, set key command in PMDG, set in FSUCPI i.e. joystick no 4 button does nothing.

Is that an ALT combination, too? When you say "nothing", does it Log nothing in the FSUIPC4 log when you enable the Button and Key logging facilities, to check? (See the Logging tab in the FSUIPC options).

Please do use the facilities to check your actions. There's a lot there to help you. If you don't understand the logs, show them to me. Also show me the [buttons] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file so I can see your programming of the buttons.

Is it PMDG or FSUCPI or me ????

If the keypresses don't work on the keyboard, it is either PMDG or your assignments in PMDG. If they work, then if would either be the ALT key problem, or you. I'd need more information to be more specific.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the reply Peter, it does nothing with the keys either.

Only using FSX commands does anything happen.

Highly disappointing, I think that PMDG 74 is a great sim, but man I have had some probs.

I am setting under buttons in FSUCPI CTRL7 as joystick button no 1autopilot disconnect, press joystick no 1, and the key appears in FSUCPI. Nothing happens in PMDG, I set in PMDG CTRL7 for autopilot disconnect, but nothing. Just the keyboard alone does nothing.

Oh well back to PMDG again. :P