The simFlight Network Forums

Here's my problem

I have had major probs with ActiveskyX, which now works, I had to reinstall FSX etc etc, now when I try to reinstall FSUCPI I get this

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid base SimConnect needed to load FSUIPC4!

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found later build SimConnect 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

The problem is if I change the simconnect file will my Activeskyx work???

OMG I am so sick off doing this

I have had major probs with ActiveskyX, which now works, I had to reinstall FSX etc etc

Really? Is that with ActiveSkyX on the same PC as FSX?

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid base SimConnect needed to load FSUIPC4!

You've somehow destroyed the RTM installation of SimConnect. You should be able to repair that following the notes I provide in the "FSX Help" announcement.

Don't change any SimConnect file. Just follow the instructions.

So are a lot of folks I think. Microsoft really made a mess of the installation/uninstallation process for FSX. It is all related to the "side by side" library facilities in WinXP and Vista, which seem to have been rather insufficiently throught out. vista is worse than XP in this as it is almost impossible to get rid of a bad side-by-side installation so getting it replaced is a nightmare. Uninstalling and re-installing FSX is usually the cause of more problems that it ever solves.

Regards

Pete

I have had major probs with ActiveskyX, which now works, I had to reinstall FSX etc etc

Really? Is that with ActiveSkyX on the same PC as FSX?

Yeah same PC it just wouldnt see Simconnect, but your program would!!!! I have it working now, but now yours doesnt want to know.

You've somehow destroyed the RTM installation of SimConnect. You should be able to repair that following the notes I provide in the "FSX Help" announcement.

Ok thanks

Don't change any SimConnect file. Just follow the instructions.

Ok will do thanks

So are a lot of folks I think. Microsoft really made a mess of the installation/uninstallation process for FSX. It is all related to the "side by side" library facilities in WinXP and Vista, which seem to have been rather insufficiently throught out. vista is worse than XP in this as it is almost impossible to get rid of a bad side-by-side installation so getting it replaced is a nightmare. Uninstalling and re-installing FSX is usually the cause of more problems that it ever solves.

Yeah its not good enough, for how much the sim cost. Everytime I get an addon I am stuffed with the same problem. Radar conatct doesnt work now, because your program doesnt work, and so on, its like all the addons require diff versions of Simconnect.

Thanks peter really helpful, I am getting so fed with this though. The addon programs are great, but the MS one GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :evil: :evil:

Regards

Pete

... its like all the addons require diff versions of Simconnect.

Well, not quite. I know ASX needs SimConnect SP1, but most need the base version RTM. FSUIPC4 and the latest TrackIR actually use the latest SimConnect they can find -- RTM, SP1 or Acc/SP2.

The problem for FSUIPC in your installation is that, since FSUIPC4 has to be loaded INTO FSX, as a module of it, it has to rely on SimConnect to get it there. The side-by-side library mechanism implemented in Windows only allows ONE version of a needed DLL to be explicit in any one DLL or program. FSUIPC4 has to have an explicit relationship, visible to Windows, with just one of the three SimConnects it can use.

There's the rub. The only SimConnect version I should be able to rely on as ALWAYS being there, always installed, is the RTM version, as that comes with the DVDs and is installed first. SP1, ACC and SP2 are all optional.

So, FSUIPC4 declares in its file that it needs RTM SimConnect simply so it can get itself loaded. Once it is loaded it actually connects to the latest one installed, instead.

I cannot make the Installer patch the binary of the DLL according to the installed SimConnects, because so doing would wreck the Code Signature, and that would stop it loading for sure.

Regards

Pete

ok many thanks Peter, I dont think I am getting very far, and may have to drop activeskyX for now. I have done the reinstall around 15 times now, and always end up with the same problem. Uninstalling isnt going to help much either I dont think.

Heres the one I just completed

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.26

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

:evil:

Its funny ActiveskyX is working 100% now

So I should have three Simconnect files in SxS???

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9a

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_x-ww_fb842f5a

Thats all I have

So I should have three Simconnect files in SxS???

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9a

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_x-ww_fb842f5a

Thats all I have

They are folders. Each contains a file. Yes, you should have three -- the base RTM version (60905) is missing, as reported by the FSUIPC4 installer. Just run FSX repair off the original DVD -- I think it's an option when you insert it.

An alternative, which may be more reliable, exists if you have the Deluxe edition and have installed the SDK from it. In Core Utilities you should find a SimConnect.msi which will install Simconnect properly -- if you've also installed the updates to the SDK for SP1, Acc/SP2 the original one will be in a subfolder someplace.

Regards

Pete

it didnt work, having now reinstalled deluxe everything is working 100%,

To be honest I think the original discs were corrupt as my FSX never worked properly, everything is cool right now, I am happy to be flying again, I didnt want to spend the money on deluxe, but I had no real choice. I have tried using my original and it must have been reinstalled atleast 20 times, and repaired far more.

For the first time since using FSX, I can now use your program and others, and they work, I now setup your program and it takes commands and they map to my equipment, never did before. The commands in FSUCPI, activeskyx working, radar contact knows what weather is in FSX which it didnt before.

Around heathrow I would get a crash due to heavy loading on my machine using areosoft heathrow 2008, now doesnt crash...

So you can see my case, i know its painful, but I have to fly my 74 :-)

Glad its gone to be honest.

Many thanks for all your help peter, there is something wrong with FSX for sure, MS sort it out. :evil: I am 100% sure my copy was corrupt, it would never install all the simconnects, only one or two never three.