The simFlight Network Forums

SDK for FSUIPC 4

Hello Pete,

I have been using a registered FSUIPC 3.X to interface my aero, engine and sensor models to FS 2004 and Project Magenta. I use FSUIPC to drive the visuals lat, lon, alt, pitch, roll and heading using external models. I have a few questions about FSX with respect to FSUIPC.

1. Is there a SDK for FSUIPC 4. I went to http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html and downloaded the latest version, but I could not find the SDK. I would like to upgrade to FSX, but I need FSUIPC to drive FSX.

2. Does the SimConnect SDK replace the functions provided in the FSUIPC 3.X SDK?

3. Assuming there is an SDK for FSUIPC 4, will Visual Studio 6.0 work or do I need to upgrade?

Thanks,

Lance

1. Is there a SDK for FSUIPC 4.

As Jim says, get the FSUIPC SDK from the Schiratti website. The Announcements above also say this.

Almost anything written for FSUIPC3 should work with FSUIPC4, though there are some offsets not working. The only difference between interfacing to FSUIPC for any of the supported Sims (FS98, FS2000, CFS1, FS2002, CFS2, FS2004 or FSX) is in the actual data supported, not in the interface itself which is maintained for compatibility.

The currently released SDK includes all the information you need. For FSX there's an extra guide showing the current status of the offsets as applicable to FSX, with highlighting for new ones and notes on differences and whether they are yet proven to be okay.

2. Does the SimConnect SDK replace the functions provided in the FSUIPC 3.X SDK?

SimConnect offers more than FSUIPC in some areas, less in others. For most of what FSUIPC does it uses SimConnect in any case, so you could consider it as a "compatibility layer".

3. Assuming there is an SDK for FSUIPC 4, will Visual Studio 6.0 work or do I need to upgrade?

The FSUIPC interface for applications has not changed.

Regards

Pete