The simFlight Network Forums

Updating/injecting AI traffic

The FSUIPC SDK docs state that the AI traffic information in FS2002 is read-only. Does anyone know if the AI traffic will be writable in FS2004?

And if it is writable will it be possible to also specify the AI aircraft's attitude (pitch, bank, heading) in addition to it's lat/lon/altitude?

If not am I missing some other mechanism that is available that allows a programmer to inject 1 or more additional aircraft into the sim and be able to specify their attitude as well as their 3D position?

I guess maybe I should look at the multi-player SDK, maybe that will allow me to inject another plane programatically?

Thanks

The FSUIPC SDK docs state that the AI traffic information in FS2002 is read-only. Does anyone know if the AI traffic will be writable in FS2004?

No it isn't.

If not am I missing some other mechanism that is available that allows a programmer to inject 1 or more additional aircraft into the sim and be able to specify their attitude as well as their 3D position?

Only the muiltiplayer interface can do that. AI traffic are just one step up from the older dynamic aircraft, as exploited so well by Lago's original FSTraffic package.

I guess maybe I should look at the multi-player SDK, maybe that will allow me to inject another plane programatically?

Yes, that is part of its function. Unfortunately you can't have both AI traffic and MP traffic in the sim together. Don't ask me why. At least, it was that way in FS2002 and I don't think it has changed. Maybe someone will prove me wrong? Let's hope so.

Regards,

Pete

I have this stupid idea for some time:

2 FS one with multiplayer and injecting multplayer application. Another with AI and a program that get's the AI information.

The FS1 program will read own plane position and commands a simillar plane if FS2. FS2 program will read AI position, change it's beahviour and injects the modified data as multiplayer in FS1.

Strange but could work 8)

José