The simFlight Network Forums

Found my source of crashes

Well I am 99.9% sure I have found the reason for FSX crashing on my machine anyway. Turns out one of my 1GB DDR2 chips has failed. I had two as Corsair setup up as 2GB dual channel but could never get the PC to overclock at all. As soon as I did it would crash no matter what settings I used. I then added another 2GB and same thing. Tried running memory tests on the PC for hours on end and it passed every single test.

Went away for 2 days and got back and it would not boot or even POST. Trial and error pulled out the last 2 first and still nogo. Pulled out the first 2 and put the second 2 back in and fired up. Put the originals back in with the second lot and nogo again.

So now my PC will overclock as it should but down to 2GB until some new memory arrives and man do I notice the slow down in FSX close to the ground. That extra memory sure makes a difference.

Well I am 99.9% sure I have found the reason for FSX crashing on my machine anyway. Turns out one of my 1GB DDR2 chips has failed.

Rightthose memory problems can sure be annoying, affecting different things at different times. Thanks for letting us know!

Pete