The simFlight Network Forums

Changing address

Hello Pete

I have got into a slight mess when trying to change my address when installing FSUIPC vs.28.

No instructions on how to do this were given and I am now in the state where FSUIPC28 is installed but still with my old address and WideFS will not register even with the old address.

The manual says that item 1 says delete previous registration(also lets you enter new ones) HOW? since they are not acceptable.

Here is the log:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.28

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="D:\Flight Sim x\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61472.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found later build SimConnect 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

D:\Flight Sim x\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.280 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "D:\Flight Sim x\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\kenneth\Application Data"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User.WINDOWS\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\kenneth\Application Data"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\kenneth\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService.NT AUTHORITY\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService.NT AUTHORITY\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix programno longer relevant

All installer tasks completed okay!

Registration for FSUIPC4 and WideFS was cancelled or failed! (result code 80)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

Can you give me a step by step instruction on how to change the addresses for both FSUIPC and WideFS.

I have not lost either key but the WideFS one isn't accepted says "key not valid".

Regards

ken

I have got into a slight mess when trying to change my address when installing FSUIPC vs.28.

No instructions on how to do this were given and I am now in the state where FSUIPC28 is installed but still with my old address and WideFS will not register even with the old address.

If you change your address in the registration the Keys will not be valid and you will have to buy new ones. Why on Earth do you want to change them? The Name, Address and Keys are tied inextricably to each other.

There's never any need to change any of that. The name and address is only there to ensure the key is unique and belongs to you. It is never used as an address.

Regards

Pete

Hello

Thank you for the unhelpful reply, I thought that when I changed my email address it would be logical to let all holders of that address know of the change, which I have done with all other holders successfully.

So my "error" will be expensive I suppose.

Ken

Hello

Thank you for the unhelpful reply

Why is telling the straight truth, that you don't need to change anything, unhelpful? I don't understand.

I thought that when I changed my email address it would be logical to let all holders of that address know of the change, which I have done with all other holders successfully.

How does altering one recorded detail in one little file on your disk let anyone know anything? Unlike other complex systems, FSUIPC does not touch the Internet. It doesn't "tell" anyone about you. It isn't spyware or anything so complex. It keeps itself to itself and just works by a key tied into an ID (any old ID) which you yourself chose originally. I hate all those complex systems. With FSUIPC to remove it you just delete it, to install it you just do. Nothing complicated, nothing to misunderstand. I don't know what's got you so aggravated -- you evidently like over-complex systems?

:-(

On your second insulting message,

Just had another attempt at reverting all to my old address and it worked. In future I'll leave this flaky registration method severely alone.

Why are you saying it is "flakey"? It works perfectly and easily and has done so now solidly for five years, without there being anyone like you before. If you want to re-re-register you can simply delete the KEY file (which contains your registration) then re-register with whatever Name/Address/Key you wish, provided those are properly purchased and are therefore tied together.

I really don't understand why you think you can simply change your ID and expect the same Key to work, nor why, just because it is a nice, simple, completely self-contained system, you call it "flakey"! Can you explain yourself, or do you just like being rather offensive?

Pete