The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737-800 Autobrake in FSUIPC

Hi,

I have read through the psots and various documentation regarding the use of FSUIPC to set the parameters on the autobrake.

I have a rotary switch connectected to a BU0386X (from Leo Bodnar) that I want to control the position of the Autobrake switch. It is detected as a joystick and I want to assign the 5 individual putton presses to the "Autobrake Set" in FSUIPC. I have set each button press parameters 0 through to 5. It seems I am doing something wrong as even when I restart FS2004 and load up my PMDG 737NG (800-900) it still will not work. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Regards,

John

It seems I am doing something wrong as even when I restart FS2004 and load up my PMDG 737NG (800-900) it still will not work. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Test it on the default 737 autobrake first. If it works on that but not the PMDG one it means PMDG have implemented their own system. You'd either need to find the keyboard shortcuts for it, if any, or possibly see if the new FSUIPC mouse macro" facility works on that switch.

You don't need to "restart FS2004" to test any assignments out, they should operate immediately you "OK" out of the Options.

Regards

Pete

• 1 year later...

hi

i have tried also to set the autobrakes through fsuipc but with no success.i have tried everything to make it work and at one point nearly cracked it but nearlys not enough.i have tried offsetts which dont work and then macros which dont work but i have read something from a thread that you modify your macro and make it carry out decrements and increments as the switch on the main panel only increases or decreases.it doesnt recognise max 3 2 1 off and rto it just thinks decrease or increase so i read.wish i could just grasp it as i have been doing this for 4 days on and off but just cant see where i am going off.pete stated to apply it to the autobrake set which i tried but that didnt cure it either,i think thats the autobrake arm if i am correct.if you find a solution please let me know

i have

fsuipc 3.96

fs9

addons

pmdg payware 737-800 using 2d panel view

many thanks

i have tried also to set the autobrakes through fsuipc but with no success.

The only autobrakes FSUIPC knows about are the FS ones. PMDG implement their own, separate ones.

i have read something from a thread that you modify your macro and make it carry out decrements and increments as the switch on the main panel only increases or decreases.it doesnt recognise max 3 2 1 off and rto it just thinks decrease or increase so i read.

You might have read it just above because I already explained it in this thread.

The PMDG autobrake switch is a mouse-operated patch on screen. It recognises right and left turns from the left and right mouse buttons, not "RTO, off, 1, 2, 3, MAX", because the poor humble mouse has no way of saying such things. In order to set the autobrake, therefore, you really need just a two way self-centering switch or two buttons -- increment and decrement. To do a direct selection is probably possible but very messy, as I said, because you'd have to do several "lefts" to get it to a known place (RTO), then the correct number of "rights" to get it where you want it to go.

pete stated to apply it to the autobrake set which i tried but that didnt cure it either,i think thats the autobrake arm if i am correct.

No, that AutoBrake Set sets the FS autobrake (not PMDG's) to the setting stated in the parameter. FS doesn't have anything called "autobrake arm" -- you are thinking of the speedbrake or spoilers.

There's no way I can help you with PMDG aircraft which don't use FS mechanisms. PMDG deliberately hid all of their mechanisms to stop folks doing what you want to do. I know some have cracked it, but they don't come here. You need to go to a cockpit builders Forum, such as those in MyCockpit, as I already suggested.

Regards

Pete

many thanks for your help and you explain it well,i will keep you posted on the outcome,

could you tell me pete if i need to re register when the fsuipc is updated to 3.98,i mean will i enter my original key registrations into the new software or will i have to buy new reg key?

thanks again

could you tell me pete if i need to re register when the fsuipc is updated to 3.98,i mean will i enter my original key registrations into the new software or will i have to buy new reg key?

Neither. You never have to buy a new key unless changing to FSUIPC4 (for FSX). And you only ever have to re-enter the registration if you re-install Windows or move to another PC -- or accidentally delete your KEY file.

Pete

hi pete

i have just formatted my pc to install fs9 stuff and i upgraded to fsuipc 3.98.problem is i looked through all emails and can't find the registration key.its bugging me so how can i regain it and from where.if i post my email could you supply it ,

i looked through emails and normally in the search for emails part i type in fsuipc and everything to do with that comes up but nothing in mine at all.please help

simon

i have just formatted my pc to install fs9 stuff and i upgraded to fsuipc 3.98.problem is i looked through all emails and can't find the registration key.its bugging me so how can i regain it and from where.if i post my email could you supply it

I don't think FSUIPC registration keys arrive in emails these days. You just get them by opening your account in SimMarket. You can do that anytime. There's really no point in sending me stuff, i don't have the data except in exceptional circumstances. SimMarket handles it all.

Please do backup your FSUIPC.KEY file next time, as advised in the documentation.

Regards

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I had the same problem with Autobrake to be control only by the mouse in PMDG 737-800. Yesterday I solved this problem with Autobrake and now I control it from throttle quadrant bottton. This can be done if You use CH Products throttle quadrant. I am not sure about Saitek.

Kind regards

Juliusz

• 2 years later...

Hello Pete.

Have to refresh this topic because I can't cope with autobrake in PMDG. I've read the posts above and I know that there's no possibility to assign rto,off,1,2,3,max settings to rotary knob (unless something has changed since). But the question is if there is a possibility to "tell" the starter rotary knob of saitek swich panel to move one position up or down? For example if I set the switch panel rotary knob on second position (L) before flight is loaded and then when i move the knob left (OFF) the PMDG knob also move left (RTO position). If i move the knob twice right then PMDG auto brake also move two positions right.

Maybe there is a macro that simulates right mouse button every time i move any rotary knob CW and simulates left mouse button every time i move rotary knob CCW?

Thanks in advance.

Have to refresh this topic because I can't cope with autobrake in PMDG. I've read the posts above and I know that there's no possibility to assign rto,off,1,2,3,max settings to rotary knob (unless something has changed since). But the question is if there is a possibility to "tell" the starter rotary knob of saitek swich panel to move one position up or down? For example if I set the switch panel rotary knob on second position (L) before flight is loaded and then when i move the knob left (OFF) the PMDG knob also move left (RTO position). If i move the knob twice right then PMDG auto brake also move two positions right.

Maybe there is a macro that simulates right mouse button every time i move any rotary knob CW and simulates left mouse button every time i move rotary knob CCW?

Sorry, I can't really help as I have neither PMDG aircraft nor Saitek controls. I would be surprised if Saitek were using a rotary encoder if there are fixed (notched) positions, so you should be able to assign. If it is truly an encoder and you can only detect up and down, then of course you could have a macro which did autobrake inc or dec.

There's no mouse emulation. Do mouse macros work on the autobrake in PMDG? If not check the list of controls in the PMDG NGX SDK documents (at the end of the .h file).

Also, you might be better off asking this in the NGX ad/or Saitek forums.

Regards

Pete

Problem solved!

I made it with help of a very simple macro.

For each position (RTO, OFF, 1,2,3) I've made a separate macro to simulate clicking of the mouse buttons.

And so for the RTO the macro is: 5 times left mouse button. The result is that from any position indicator always will show RTO.

For the OFF position the macro is: 5 times the LMB (Left Mouse Button) and RMB (Right Mouse Button) once.

And so on for the other items.

Macro should look something like this:

1 = RTO

1.1 = LMB

1.2 = LMB

1.3 =LMB

1.4=LMB

1.5=LMB

2 = OFF

2.1 = LMB

2.2 = LMB

2.3 =LMB