The simFlight Network Forums

No FSUIPC4 shown up

Hello Pete,

Could you or somebody update me on the problem I have.

I believed somebody already asked these questions, but for the last 3o minutes tried to find the quetions but cant find it.

- I just installed the FSX standart version and install FSUIPC4. Not as FS9, there is no "module" folder to insert the .dll file.

Afterwards I installed FSInn & FSCopilot, and it seem it created the "module" folder in the FSX main root!

The next step I just insert the FSUIPC.dll file in the above "module" folder.

After strating FSX, on the top bar there is the "add-on" instead of the "module" title and in there is the FSCopilot but no FSUIPC4.

- Is that the way it should be or is there something else missing? The FSInn in is not yet function properly also.

- I have a previous registered FSUIPC version, do I need to reregister the FSUIPC4? Can I use the previous version "key"?

Thank you

Ups I just moved it as mentioned and done in the previous versions.

How did you "move" FSUIPC4.DLL when no such file is provided in the FSUIPC4.ZIP you must download?

Where is the installer? I don see it, after downloading the FSUIPC.zip file?

It is NOT an "FSUIPC.zip" file -- that would be FSUIPC3 for FS9 and before. Please READ the words in the download site! The version for FSX is clear, it is "FSUIPC4.ZIP".

The Installer is in the Zip, rather obscurely (?) named "Install FSUIPC4.exe". How on Earth can you mistake it?

And oddly enough there is also a User Guide with actual Installation instructions inside! Phew!

Please do try to actually look at things.

Pete

I admit It was my mistake here Pete!!

Ups I just moved it as mentioned and done in the previous versions.

How did you "move" FSUIPC4.DLL when no such file is provided in the FSUIPC4.ZIP you must download?

Where is the installer? I don see it, after downloading the FSUIPC.zip file?

It is NOT an "FSUIPC.zip" file -- that would be FSUIPC3 for FS9 and before. Please READ the words in the download site! The version for FSX is clear, it is "FSUIPC4.ZIP".

The Installer is in the Zip, rather obscurely (?) named "Install FSUIPC4.exe". How on Earth can you mistake it?

And oddly enough there is also a User Guide with actual Installation instructions inside! Phew!

Please do try to actually look at things.

Pete

I should have read the user manual prior trying to further installing it. I just do what was in the previous versions "moving the .dll file" to FS module folder!

Well Pete, even bloody silly mistakes did happend!! Unless you are GOD!!

The other thing is, I dont thing you should be upset or rude in answering my questions. I believed this forum of yours was created to discuss and ask questions, even for questions that in your opinion are silly!!

I am sorry if my questions are bothering you and believe me I will consider twice before asking any question

in this forum, or even ask question!!! And overall this is just a hobby!!!!!! and as I intended to have FUN !!!!!!!

I admit It was my mistake here Pete!!

... I dont thing you should be upset or rude in answering my questions.

I'm sorry if you thought it came across as upset or rude. Neither was my intention. I was only trying to express my extreme astonishment that anyone could make such mistakes such as not seeing the word "Install" indicating an Installer (remember you said you couldn't SEE it!), nor copy a completely incorrect file (not FSUIPC nor DLL) into a Modules folder created by something else.

I try my best to make things obvious, and in fact the FSUIPC4 installation is much more automatic and easier than ever before even without reading the manual. FSX is a complete departure by Microsoft and an installer became a necessity. I really don't know how I could have made anything more obvious than it is -- hence my astonishment as shown in my response.

If you don't want to ask any more questions here because you think you will be ridiculed, that's fine by me, but if you browse through the many many pages of this Forum you will see that I do try my utmost to be as helpful as I can. There is simply a limit beyond (below?) which I cannot see how to help folks at all. Sorry.

Regards

Pete