The simFlight Network Forums

Unwanted alierons trim

Hi,

I have a problem with the joy which is not calibrated correctly. In "hands-off" flying situation I got a bank to the right of 1 deg. every 3 seconds. It's not too much but unpleasant.

I went to see the off-centre and I got this:

senzatitolo1copiaun0.jpg

In effects in neutral pos. I got -1092 against "0". Can you please tell me if there is any way to calibrate this via FSUIPC? I have tried to do it throught the software that comes with the Yoke but I failed.

Thanks

Lorenzo

Hi,

I have a problem with the joy which is not calibrated correctly. In "hands-off" flying situation I got a bank to the right of 1 deg. every 3 seconds. It's not too much but unpleasant.

I went to see the off-centre and I got this

In effects in neutral pos. I got -1092 against "0".

You picture shows the Axis Assignments, not the calibration. There are rarely any axes which just happen to provide a zero when centred, that's why there is calibration -- the Windows drivers and Game Controllers provide calibration ,which is where you should start, and FSUIPC provides calibration too. Proper calibration allows you to make the centre where you like, within reason.

Can you please tell me if there is any way to calibrate this via FSUIPC? I have tried to do it throught the software that comes with the Yoke but I failed.

How come you are assigning it in FSUIPC but not bothering to calibrate it? Just go to the Joystick calibrations tab and follow the steps detailed in the User Guide!

Pete