The simFlight Network Forums

Project magenta-GoFlight-FSUIPC

Gentlemen three questions:

1.) Does anybody in the forum managed to assign a botton of a GoFlight P8 Module for the function "TOGA" for the project magenta 737NG ?

2.) Does anybody managed to assign the switches of a GoFlight T8 Module to the several light switches (8-9 toggle functionss of the Project magenta software pmsystems?

3.) is one of you, who went throught this willing to assist me from the scratch to get these funktions working.

I´m not willing to be a objekt in a ping-pong game in this magic bermuda triangle nor is my intention to do a academic degree in using FSUIPC.

regards

Bernhard (LSZH)

1.) Does anybody in the forum managed to assign a botton of a GoFlight P8 Module for the function "TOGA" for the project magenta 737NG ?

2.) Does anybody managed to assign the switches of a GoFlight T8 Module to the several light switches (8-9 toggle functionss of the Project magenta software pmsystems?

As I already replied privately, Look in the FSUIPC guide for Advanced Users. Again, part of the documentation supplied with FSUIPC. A complete list of added FSUIPC controls is given there, including the one which sends values to 04F2. It is called "PM MCP Kcodes (by Param)."

Also, in general, you can write any value to any FSUIPC offset by using the appropriate Offset control, with the offset and parameters both entered. There are offset controls to set Byte (1 byte)), Word (2 byte) and Dword (4 byte) values, as well and set, clear or toggle individual bits, or increment or decrement values. They are all listed and you can find them all in the drop-downs in FSUIPC's options.

PM offsets are documented by PM -- see their website, in the section called "Documentation".

3.) is one of you, who went throught this willing to assist me from the scratch to get these funktions working.

Have you looked at the relevant sections? I can answer specific questions if there are parts you don't understand, but I am not myself going to give you a personal tutorial. You have to be willing to do some of the work and thinking.

I´m not willing to be a objekt in a ping-pong game in this magic bermuda triangle nor is my intention to do a academic degree in using FSUIPC.

I assume this is meant as a nasty jibe. Are you willing to do any work yourself? If not I expect you will be out of luck.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete, lets start with the last,

"I assume this is meant as a nasty jibe. Are you willing to do any work yourself? If not I expect you will be out of luck."

Sure I´m willing to work and think about the stuff. δm doing this since two weeks already. I tried to get infos from pm, Goflight and finally as I was told from the pm forum to look at your forum. (òne failed track was to find a solution with GF KEY mapper 1.4, didn´t found a way) I didn´t count how many times I fired up and down my system, I spent a lot of nerves to print out manual, both sided, hardest punishment of modern world, and I fiddeled around ome hour with your program.

Short: Get the newest one 3.82

Be sure no old FSUIPC stuff is in the FS modules folder

Same with the newest GoFlight software

Goflight modules P8/T8 are not configurated (is that right?)

reading manuals, talking colleques in my nativ language (german) because these problems usual utilisize special terms, and I´m a physician not a IT expert.

FSUIPC does at the moment: recognize bottons on the P8 module and recognize also switching on the T8 module.

actual situation on P8: botton one Control sent when button pressed: out of the list PM AB THR TOGA

botton menue: Btn# 0 select FS Controls X

include PM X

Parameters: I tried 0X42 as Enrico told and 080C as found in the FSUIPC offsets from the pm Homepage.

(they state that the list was updated 11th November 2004, and they gave a hint to your SDK list, wich I assumed is

implemented in Version 3.82)

but when sitting on rwy, made a precise preparation , throttle up to 50% TOGA botton: none

botton 2 and 3 work well with FScontrols speedbrake armed and parking brake

Also, in general, you can write any value to any FSUIPC offset by using the appropriate Offset control, with the offset and parameters both entered. There are offset controls to set Byte (1 byte)), Word (2 byte) and Dword (4 byte) values, as well and set, clear or toggle individual bits, or increment or decrement values. They are all listed and you can find them all in the drop-downs in FSUIPC's options

would you give me please one example for that and to what does it refers, to the FSUIPC list, to the FSUIPC.ini ? Or just tell me the side number in the manual. Where do I have to fill in these strings?

Thanks for your patience,

Bernhard

Sure I´m willing to work and think about the stuff.

Okay. That's ggod.

Short: Get the newest one 3.82

Be sure no old FSUIPC stuff is in the FS modules folder

Same with the newest GoFlight software

Goflight modules P8/T8 are not configurated (is that right?)

reading manuals, talking colleques in my nativ language (german) because these problems usual utilisize special terms, and I´m a physician not a IT expert.

Not sure what that list is all about. I don't use any Goflight gear, but FSUIPC supports buttons and switches on most, if not all, GoFlight units provided only that the GoFlight 3rd party driver (GFdev.dll) supports it, and that dll is either installed in its "normal" place, or in with FSUIPC (or WideClient, from a client PC). All that is stated in the documentation.

FSUIPC does at the moment: recognize bottons on the P8 module and recognize also switching on the T8 module.

Okay. So all the preceding stuff was irrelevant now, just some sort of personal history?

Control sent when button pressed: out of the list PM AB THR TOGA

So, you've programmed a button to send the FSUIPC special added PM control called "PM AB THR TOGA" when pressed. Correct? I don't recall offhand exactly what this does (all the PM "controls" are merely offset manipulations derived from PM's documentation many tears ago -- so some may only work with certain, possibly old releases of PM. Unfortunately things don't stay the same very long). Anyway, I'll just look into the code and see what it does ...

[LATER]

Right. That control operates PM offset 541C bit 26. Checking the PM Documentation website, on http://www.projectmagenta.com/pmoffsets.html I see this:

Airbus

THR TOGA Bit 26

So, my added PM control name seems reasonably accurate -- AB = Airbus, TOGA = Toga, and still the correct bit according to the current PM documentation.

I don't use an Airbus so I'm afraid i don't know if it actually works or not. That would be a matter for you to take up with PM. I really cannot support other folk's software at all. Sorry.

Parameters: I tried 0X42 as Enrico told and 080C as found in the FSUIPC offsets from the pm Homepage.

(they state that the list was updated 11th November 2004, and they gave a hint to your SDK list, wich I assumed is

implemented in Version 3.82)

Sorry, you'll need to explain all this. None of that is related to the control you assigned. 080C controls the FS TO/GA facility (see FS documentation). I don't know if that is operative for PM but I wouldn't have thought so. By 0X42 are you abbreviating 0x4F2?

These aren't parameters, but offsets. Parameters would be values written to or operating on those offsets.

Also, in general, you can write any value to any FSUIPC offset by using the appropriate Offset control, with the offset and parameters both entered. There are offset controls to set Byte (1 byte)), Word (2 byte) and Dword (4 byte) values, as well and set, clear or toggle individual bits, or increment or decrement values. They are all listed and you can find them all in the drop-downs in FSUIPC's options

would you give me please one example for that and to what does it refers, to the FSUIPC list, to the FSUIPC.ini ? Or just tell me the side number in the manual. Where do I have to fill in these strings?

Run FS. Go to FSUIPC Options. Go to the Buttons tab, press your button, select assign to FS control, drop down the list and scroll down for the Offset controls. They all start with the letter 'O', oddly enough, so you can press the 'O' key to get closer faster.

Select the Offset control you need, and you will get an edit possibility to enter the Offset and the Parameter for it. Do so. Offsets are in hexadecimal, precede the offset with an 'x'.

The User guide does mention this -- a whole paragraph and some extra more advanced boxed texts. Search for "Offset controls" in the User Guide. It is in the Buttons (and Keys) sections, so if you had read this really you would have seen it.

Regards

Pete

the Schiratti Code --- Offset 0x4F2, command 121 --- doesn`t work at the first option Bytes Clrbit. The other options seem to fit neither.

This code doesn`t show up in the FSUIPC List.

Search for TOGA in the FSUIPC offset list from pm results in: 080C 4 Autothrottle TOGA (take off power) where to put in?

In the first option, with the fixed pm commands there is AB Thr, AB stands for Airbus, I have Boeings, perhaps a reason why it doesn´t work.

For this weekend I give up. Thanks

Benrhard (LSZH)

the Schiratti Code --- Offset 0x4F2, command 121 --- doesn`t work at the first option Bytes Clrbit. The other options seem to fit neither.

Reading the PM documentation (on the PM website), the 04F2 offset needs a VALUE written to it, not bits set as such. It looks to be a Word offset (2 bytes) and you need to write the value 121 to it. So the Offset control to be used would be "Offset Word Set", with the offset x04F2 and the parameter 121.

If that doesn't work you should file a bug report to PM support. Really you should be getting this help from PM support rather than me. I expect you paid them a lot more than you paid me! ;-)

This code doesn`t show up in the FSUIPC List.

No, it is evidently new. I cannot keep copying PM's documentation into mine, which is why I advised you to look to the PM website.

Search for TOGA in the FSUIPC offset list from pm results in: 080C 4 Autothrottle TOGA (take off power) where to put in?

FSUIPC interfaces to FS. The majority of defined offsets for FSUIPC are those relating to FS, not to PM. The PM offsets are their "private allocation", which is why they document them.

If you want to use a default FS aircraft, the TO/GA offset in FSUIPC will control the default FS TO/GA facility -- though I think there's no need to use offsets as FS provide a control for it -- "Auto throttle to GA" (that does for TO and GA it seems).

Most sophisticated add-on aircraft do their own thing, however, especially in the A/T and A/P areas, so FS controls for those aren't so applicable. You have to refer to the third party documentation (and support, of course). PM is no different, it is like a very sophisticated add-on aircraft panel.

Regards

Pete

the Schiratti Code --- Offset 0x4F2, command 121 --- doesn`t work

It just occurred to me that I operate the PM TO/GA option in the PFC driver for their 737NG cockpit, so i looked it up to see what I did (this is several years old, so I couldn't remember off-hand).

It uses this other offset, just grabbed from the PM documentation:

050A

MCP Commands (Read/Write) (commands to the MCP)

Bit 0 (TO/GA switch)

Bit 1 (A/P disconnect)

Bit 2 (A/T disconnect)

Boeing Type

Bit 3 (MCP Instruction - Do not write throttle value to FS offset) (check 0x5528 bit 3 to see if it is active)

Bit 4 (A/T Detach for moving autothrottles, as an override of the MCP writing to the FS throttle offset)

Bit3 and Bit 4 do the same (from V414 on)

Bit 13 Stab Trim Override

These are all Bit Toggles (change state to activate, i.e. on to off or off to on)

This definitely works because, as I say, I use it. To operate that from an FSUIPC assignment you'd use "Offset Word Togglebits" (because, as you'll see above, it says these are bit toggles -- i.e. it looks for a change, it doesn't care what the state is, only that it changed). The offset is x050A and the parameter, for bit 0, is 1 (2 to the power of 0, the value of the lowest bit in the word).

Regards

Pete