The simFlight Network Forums

Offset question

Hi there,

Here is my problem of interpretating some offsets:

0BB2 2 Elevator control input: –16383 to +16383 Ok

0BB4 2 Elevator position indicator (maybe adjusted from input!) Ok

0BC0 2 Elevator trim control input: –16383 to +16383 Ok

0BC2 2 Elevator trim indicator (follows input) Ok

What is actually meant with "(maybe adjusted from input" ??

1. I can freely write to both offsets and they are the same.

2. FS calculates the 'position indicator' out of the control input and some external variables, and uses this indicator to simulate motions

I do not understand the difference in these offsets. I did some testing in FSinterrogate, and they always match each other. Am I missing something here ?

Kind Regards,

Van Ertvelde Wim

What is actually meant with "(maybe adjusted from input"

I think that means the the value the FS tells you about the position may not always be the value you tell it. I think it can depend on something else, maybe something in the AIR file. I don't know. I'd have to take a specific aircraft and see what outputs I got for different imputs. I remember seeing one case (long ago -- when I added that comment, whenever that was) where the output was about twice as high as the input. Why? I've no idea. Maybe it was a mismatch, an FS98 aircraft in FS2002 or something. Sorry. The note I put in there was merely a warning, a result of such an observation.

1. I can freely write to both offsets and they are the same.

Writing to one will cause FSUIPC to actually send the appropriate control to FS. Writing to the other will do nothing at all.

2. FS calculates the 'position indicator' out of the control input and some external variables, and uses this indicator to simulate motions

That sounds eminently reasonable.

I do not understand the difference in these offsets. I did some testing in FSinterrogate, and they always match each other. Am I missing something here ?

No, I don't think so. I hope they do always match. I have just seen occasions when they don't. Ignore my warning notes if you like. They may mean nothing with modern well-behaved aircraft.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for the quick reply Peter.

I just found a little of this behaviour in FS2004 though...

I added the 'minipanel' gauge to the R22 aircraft, and it's supposed to dispay the joystick inputs, but they are not perfectly synchronised with it.

First I thought it was the framerate, but the synchronisation was different with different aircraft.

Kind Regards,

Van Ertvelde Wim