The simFlight Network Forums

WideClient always ontop possible?

Hello All,

Is it possible to have WideClient window always ontop (active) to make sure it always have the keyboard focus (for SendKeysPresses)? Is there a setting for it? I would rather use ButtonKeys instead of SendKeyPresses, but my software that runs on the client in the background can only generate keystrokes, not buttons unfortunately. Otherwise anyone heard of a converter that translates/assigns keystrokes to buttons, if there is any?

Thanks,

Ig.

Ok, I think I got it with the ButtonKeys. I don't need a converter since the buttonkeys essentially convert actual keypresses to virtual buttons that I can then reassign to something else on the server. :)

Anyway, is Always Ontop possible?

Thanks.

is Always Ontop possible?

I don't have such an option in WideClient at present, but it wouldn't be hard to add it as an INI file option. Maybe "Visible=OnTop", and "Visible=MaxOnTop"?

Pete

Pls add for FSUIPC 3+ and 4+ versions.

Thanks.

Pls add for FSUIPC 3+ and 4+ versions.

There's only one version of WideClient. It has always been completely FS version independent.

You will note that the current incremental release of WideClient is version 6.767 in both the FSX and Other downloads Announcement above. They are identical. You never need to change the Clients at all when changing FS versions, from FS98 through to and including FSX and ESP.

Look out for the next incremental release in one of the Downloads Announcements above. Probably in the next day or three.

Regards

Pete

Thank you, Pete, for pointing this out! I always kept 2 folders of WideClientFSX and WideClientFS9 on 2 clients, lol. :D

No point in that. All your client arrangements can stay the same, no matter which FS version is running on the server. Didn't you ever notice that you were downloading the same client EXE twice?

Regards

Pete