The simFlight Network Forums

Macro Control References

Pete,

Thank you for your support previously on the TCAS table issue I had. It provided me with one of those moments of clarity that makes everything fall into place.

I am now working on a small program to use your new macro feature to control the fuel tanks on the PMDG 744. I would like to be able to control the macro from outside FS. That is, I would like to be able to send a command to FS that triggers the macro (for instance, I can check when fuel is equalised in two tanks in my program and then send the control to FS to switch off the ovrd pumps, which I've made accessible using mouse macros).

My question is whether it is possible to instigate a macro control through offset 3110? If so, what would the control look like and could you give an example?

Thank you,

Bryn.

My question is whether it is possible to instigate a macro control through offset 3110? If so, what would the control look like and could you give an example?

I decided against allowing that directly because the macro file references are not fixed -- the names are assigned in the FSUIPC.INI file, so the control numbers to instigate the macros within would vary from installation to installation. For instance, many folks still run FS9 and FSX. I didn't want unpredictable things happening because the macro files just happened to have different reference numbers in the two installations.

But it can be done. The best way, and one which overcomes the above problem altogether, is to use the virtual button facilities -- offsets 3340 and following. Instead of sending a control via 3110, toggle a bit representing a virtual button, and program that to operate your macro. in the normal Buttons way.

Regards

Pete