The simFlight Network Forums

.Net Application inside of FS

Hi all,

I have already been able to use the FSUIPC .Net DLL to read FS values from my .Net application. What I want to do now is to make a .Net application, but integrate it inside of FS2004 and read values via FSUIPC (sort of like a gauge) I'm not sure if you any of you have used FSINN but they integrate an application inside of FS2004/FSX.

Now don't get me wrong, I know that if I'm making a program from within FS2004 then why use FSUIPC to read values if its already within FS2004. So would it be possible to make a .Net program run from within FS without FSUIPC?

If anyone can get me going in the right direction I would appreciate it :P

Alex

What I want to do now is to make a .Net application, but integrate it inside of FS2004

I think you'll face really big big problems, as your .NET application is presumably managed (interpreted) code whilst FS is all native Intel processor code. I really have no idea how you'd integrate the two opposite ways of doing things in one Process.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the reply Pete, some more question if you don't mind :)

Would it be possible to create a something inside of FS that would communicate to my external .Net application. For example, I would make a button/switch inside of FS (like a gauge) and when pressed my .Net application would do something.

What Im trying to get at is that I need something to communicate with my external application from within FS.

Thanks,

Would it be possible to create a something inside of FS that would communicate to my external .Net application. For example, I would make a button/switch inside of FS (like a gauge) and when pressed my .Net application would do something.

Well, except the part about wanting a visible button or switch, with FSUIPC that's easy already, of course. A lot of programs use the FSUIPC hot button and/or hot key facilities, which work locally and to a Client via WideFS. But maybe you want to write your own interface? Why? Because you are writing a payware program and you don't want to pay license fees, or some other motive?

For a visible button or switch the Gauge is the only sensible way, really. That can still be combined with use of FSUIPC so that a networked PC can be used.

Regards

Pete