The simFlight Network Forums

Rudder isues

Ever since i registered FSCUIP version 7.3 my rudder isnt working right. il turn it one way, either it wont go or it will and go for about 5 seconds and snap back into place uncommanded. My nose gear is the same way, its almost as if the front gear is asjusted crocked and i know its not. these have only happened since i registered fscuip.

Ever since i registered FSCUIP version 7.3 my rudder isnt working right. il turn it one way, either it wont go or it will and go for about 5 seconds and snap back into place uncommanded. My nose gear is the same way, its almost as if the front gear is asjusted crocked and i know its not. these have only happened since i registered fscuip.

There's no version 7.3 of FSUIPC. The highest number so far reached in 4.311.

FSUIPC doesn't do ANYTHING on its own. It is an INTERFACE program, to allow other programs to talk to FS and control it, and to allow you, the user, to OPTIONALLY assign and/or calibrate joysticks in all sorts of different ways. It gets the blame for all the world's ills, but it is rarely if ever the source of the problems.

If you have any issues whatsoever with any joysticks just because you registered FSUIPC then there are only two possibilities:

1. Either you have a complete mess in your FSUIPC4.INI file, resulting from messing about assigning things and not calibrating correctly, i.e. not following any sort of documentation. To fix this simply DELETE the INI file before loading FSX. Then FSUIPC will do nothing.

2. Or you have some additional program or aircraft panel or gauge which uses FSUIPC to do these things and which is itself going wrong. One reason for that might be that your registration has been made will an illegal or discontinued or expired Key. But another might simply be because of a buggy application. You'll have to go through a process of elimination to discover which it is.

Regards

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

What i did with mine, it was a little screwy also was lower the sensitivty for the rudder axis in the FSX settings and in crease the null zone a little bit. My AC using a logitech wingman forcefeedback with the rudder being controlled thu the handle twist would always turn hard to the left and there was a gap where the rudder would go real hard left till there was pressure so to speak on the twist then it would flip back a little and work normal. So changing the sensitivty settings seemed to help it.

After that I did calibrate the rudder also with FSUIPC and checked the filter option on the axis. Whether that actually helped improve matters I'm not really sure but it works ok now.

Just a note though this was a problem even before I started using FSUIPC .