The simFlight Network Forums

SB assigns

I have a question/request?If I remember correctly one can those sb commands{standby,normal and ident}assign to a button.I have 3 joystick buttons to which I want to assign those commands to.

Is there anybody who can explain me exactly how to{maybe step by step with parameters if needed.I know I'm not too clever} assign those 3 joystick buttons so I can use them to set the right sb mode and ident?Would be much appreciated.I think its done with fsuipc but that's as far as my knolledge goes.

Regards...Marc

I have a question/request?If I remember correctly one can those sb commands{standby,normal and ident}assign to a button.I have 3 joystick buttons to which I want to assign those commands to.

Is there anybody who can explain me exactly how to{maybe step by step with parameters if needed.I know I'm not too clever} assign those 3 joystick buttons so I can use them to set the right sb mode and ident?Would be much appreciated.I think its done with fsuipc but that's as far as my knolledge goes.

I cannot really undertake support for SquawkBox, and in this case I don't think it is needed as I am pretty sure your needs are documented someplace in the SB website. Have you checked?

I just Googled "Squawkbox Ident" and immediately got to the correct place in the Squawkbox Manual: http://www.squawkbox.ca/doc/sdk/fsuipc.php . Did you not think to refer to the manual?

Regards

Pete

Thx for the reply.I forgot to post it here but since I posted on their site I got a reply this assign no longer works with SB4 and FSX ( http://squawkbox.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3734 ).

I did check the manual but since it didn't seem to work I did put up the question.

Well, the reply in that thread said clearly "SB4 for FSX doesn't use FSUIPC", so there's no way you can do it via FSUIPC, except possibly by assigning buttons to send the appropriate keystrokes?

Do you know if you can do the transponder and ident operations with the keyboard whilst FSX has the focus? How would folks do it in any case? I assume they do?

Regards

Pete

I tried to assign buttons via a macrofile but that doesn't work since when I click the clickspots on the SB window I get no reaction

Is SquawkBox4 a gauge, then? The FSUIPC mouse macros only work on gauges written to FS's C/C++ SDK rules. I thought SquawkBox was a separate program?

And since I'm just an amateur I couldn't think of another way to do.

Are you saying that SB4 does not provide any keyboard shortcuts, or any other way to operate the facilities it provides, without clicking with a mouse? doesn't the sound in FSX stop when you do so?

I really cannot believe they've made no provisions for folks wanting to fly FSX on-line in a cockpit. I've certainly got no access to keyboard or mouse within my cockpit, and since I'm exclusively flying FSX these days it seems I'll not be able to do so on-line, at least with SB4.

I really think you need to get this clarified with the SB4 people.

Regards

Pete