The simFlight Network Forums

FSX says FSUIPC is causing error....

johnl

Hi All

suddenly....for no obvious reason....despite having run previously just fine....FSX tells me "An add-on utility is causing a problem with FSX" or words to that effect. The utility it names is FSUIPC. (I have a registered version 4.20) From memory it said "Do you want to run this program?" and I said YES of course as it works fine. Except now it does not. I get the splash screen and then "Fatal Error".... ie I cannot start FSX!

Any ideas???

John L

I have a registered version 4.20

Please first update to a supported version -- 4.30 from the Schiratti site, then, optionally, the latest increment from "FSX Downloads" above. Then if it still happens show me the Install and FSUIPC4 LOG files from the FSX Modules folder.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

turns out that hte problem was the disc was dying! So its not FSUIPc at all :-)

Now my problem is, I am doing a reinstall, and I just downloaded V4.3 but does not recognise my V4 code that I bought....? It should, right? I bought a FSUIPC V4 registration from SimMarket and I tried cutting and pasting the code from there and it still says its invalid....

Help!

JL