The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC v3.0 Dosen't recognize my key

Even after copying and pasting each window from my registration confirmation email to the reg windows, FSUIPC still rejects the data.

If you still get problems with 3.01, send me the details (your registration email included) and I'll make new keys for you to try. Sorry -- some of the problem was in the FSUIPC side, some in the generator of the keys. It doesn't affect many users, but it is annoying nonetheless. Thanks for your patience.

Send to petedowson@btconnect.com. But try 3.01 first.

Regards,

Pete

It still took 4 tries (have no idea why) but persistance paid off. The registration key finally "took".

Thanks guys, for the help. And Peter, I'm surprised Microsoft didn't buy your copyright and insert it into FS. It always puzzled me, why third party software needed an "interpretor" to communicate with the simulator.

Anyway, thanks for EVERYTHING. It's about time you got some tangible compensation.

Rick Jasonis

It still took 4 tries (have no idea why) but persistance paid off. The registration key finally "took".

That is really strange! I just can't understand how repeating it makes any difference. I am going to get to the bottom of this if it kills me! It is very annoying -- I just cannot make anything fail here, excepting the bsiness with accented characters which is fixed in 3.01, with new keys.

:cry:

Pete

Peter, your FSUIPC version 3.01 solved my problem of the registration key not working.

Thanks for telling.

One other possible cause of registration problems has been confirmed, and another one reported but mystifying.

The confirmed one occurs when there are unacredited programs attempting to access FSUIPC whilst you are actually in the Registration Dialogue. There's some interference due to simultaneous calls being made to non-re-entrant code. I'm working on solving this at the moment. I expect to release 3.02 tomorrow.

The other one is very odd. One user couldn't register until he changed his local settings. But there's nothing setting dependent in my code and I've not been able to reproduce it.

Regards,

Pete