The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC with CH Pedals

Hi folks, Hi Pete

I have now DISABLED the flight controls in FSX, and have callibrated both the CH Yoke & Pedals with FSUIPC. Splendid indeed - thanks Pete!

However - I have just ONE callibration issue I can't seem to fix: The brakes. However many times I recallibrate, the only way I can COMPLETELY disable the brakes, is to 'STEP' on the bottom of the pedals with my toes! If I lift my feet to what should be 'brakes off', then at lowish throttle settings, the aircraft nose dips and it stops dead!

Could my CH Pedals be goosed perhaps? This does not happen when using the FSX controls though.

Can anyone help please?

Ta

However many times I recallibrate, the only way I can COMPLETELY disable the brakes, is to 'STEP' on the bottom of the pedals with my toes! If I lift my feet to what should be 'brakes off', then at lowish throttle settings, the aircraft nose dips and it stops dead!

If you have to step on the brakes to release them it sounds like they are revered. Select "REV" and re-calibrate.

Also, you should always leave quite a reasonable dead zone -- press them a little before clicking on the "minimum" (i.e. brakes off) button. Otherwise you'll tend to get get some braking when using the rudders.

Pete

Sorry Pete, didn't make myself very clear.... when I say 'step' on them, I mean at base of the pedal, not the top. They're already reveresed (tick in the box).

What does stepping on the base do? Are you saying they do not spring back to their normal position when released? Sounds like you need new springs?

It's like I just can't get a 'dead zone'.

That makes no sense. I'm sure that you could make almost the whole operation "dead" by pressing down a long way before setting the minimum value to be used. Anything below that value will have the brakes off.

If you are really saying that your brakes are only ever giving either full on or full off, then they are operating in "digital" mode, not analogue, and cannot be calibrated as axes at all. That will be a function either of your driver for them, or possible a switch setting the mode on the unit itself.

Regards

Pete