The simFlight Network Forums

flaps and microswitches

Hi peter,

Is it possible with fsuipc to connect 9 microswitches (737 flaps) on home made TQ , and work

fs2004 737 flaps with it?

Could 9x 10 ohm resistors be wired to these switches to create values that could be used by

fsuipc for this idea?

many thanks

N Day

Is it possible with fsuipc to connect 9 microswitches (737 flaps) on home made TQ , and work

fs2004 737 flaps with it? Could 9x 10 ohm resistors be wired to these switches to create values that could be used by

fsuipc for this idea?

Not sure why you think of FSUIPC specifically for this. Your first job is to get your contraption, however it is built, recognised as a joystick axis or a set of buttons by Windows. FSUIPC isn't a hardware driver -- it simply reads data from Windows. You'll need either a Game Port or USB interface, or possibly some other Analogue to Digital interface card or switch detector.

Sorry, I can't really advise on building hardware and interfacing it to PCs in such a way that Windows can handle it. There are plenty of proprietary interface cards around which you could buy and program for this, and once you go down that route i suspect you'd find it easier to either use a regular pot rather then a heap of microswitches, or otherwise use the microswitches as buttons rather than emulating an axis with them.

Regards

Pete

Sorry I wasn't very clear,

The flap mechanism is constructed with its 9 microswitches.

It is interfaced with a joystick card which has 32 buttons.

Could i either emulate an axis with the microswitches or

operate the flaps with the joystick buttons.

many thanks

N Day

The flap mechanism is constructed with its 9 microswitches.

It is interfaced with a joystick card which has 32 buttons.

Could i either emulate an axis with the microswitches or

operate the flaps with the joystick buttons.

Yes, you could certainly go either way.

I think it would be easier and probably more precise to use it as 9 buttons. just program each on as "AXIS_FLAPS_SET" with the appropriate parameter. i think that would run from -16383 for no flaps, in 4095 increments. Some experimentation might be needed to get the exact figures, but on the whole FS is pretty good at latching to the correct notch.

Regards

Pete