The simFlight Network Forums

Temp Disabling FSUIPC

What is the simplest procedure to temporarily disable FSUIPC?

I need to test FSX without FSUIPC running but do not want to un-install FSUIPC.

The manual states,

"To simply compare things with and without FSUIPC4, move it to a safe place, run FSX, close FSX, then move it back. You only lose the ability to run it when it is in place if the installation file (DLL.XML) is changed or removed form its correct folder."

Is the "it" the FSUIPC4.DLL file?

Thanks.

Not the expert but let me try to help since its the weekend and all PIC are off to the beach running their boats...

go into the FSX/FS9 Modules file and just delete the FSUIPC.DLL file...A simple reverse of that you did to install it. Hope that when you installed the FSUIPC all you did was copy to the FSUIPC.dll to the FSX/FS9 Modules folder, didn't you?

Sorry Richardt, can only speak for FS9 not FSX. If the installation is different then someone else needs to help you. I am very satisfied with FS9, running with 3 monitors, that I cannot find myself to install FSX which I have in the box since last December. In FS9, as you may be aware of, all you do is copy the .dll to the modules files; hence, removing the fille should take care of the problem.