The simFlight Network Forums

PFC Jet-yoke/Bottons/Squawkbox 3.0

hi,

using FS2004 with PFC Jet colun yoke in a homecockpit. Connections between two PCs are established and are working with FSUIPc and WideFS without problems. Squawkbox on the non-FS2004 PC. Transmissions, conducted with kexyboard are working fine all the time, but when I use the assigned button on the yoke, Squwakbox terminates. FSUIPC,WideFS are the latest versions. PFC.dll is in the module folder.

thanks for help

Bernhard (LSZH)

using FS2004 with PFC Jet colun yoke in a homecockpit. Connections between two PCs are established and are working with FSUIPc and WideFS without problems. Squawkbox on the non-FS2004 PC. Transmissions, conducted with kexyboard are working fine all the time, but when I use the assigned button on the yoke, Squwakbox terminates.

Assigned button for what, exactly? Do you mean PTT? (Push to Talk)? If so, how have you assigned it? It sounds as if you may have multiple assignments to that button. Have you assigned it in FSUIPC or in my PFC driver? And what have you changed in the WideClient INI file on the Squawkbox PC?

And what keyboard are you using which "works fine"?

How does Squawkbox terminate? It it a normal termination or a crash? Maybe you have something set incorrectly in Squawkbox's own options? I'm afraid I don't know the program at all, so you will probably need to ask SB support for help with that.

Is the PFC yoke connected via a PFC digital control system and calibrated in my PFC driver? Normally PFC yokes, on their own with no digital quadrant or other control system, connect as normal joysticks. If so I wonder why you have PFC.DLL in the modules folder, as it isn't used and shouldn't be there!

More information is obviously needed here.

Regards

Pete

hi Pete,

as usual the forum is the last way to get help. To more precise:

- according the PFC documents I put the pfc.dll in the modules, but I deleted the file already.

-I only put in the ServerIPAddr=192.168.0.56 into the WideClient.cfg

-the log file shows " New client Application^...... seems normal

-FSUIPC log is uneventfull too

- FSUIPC detects the bottons, I chose PTT Transmit on/off (SB3,RW,AC) Parameter O, Control to repeat..... is not boxed (assigned)

Selected are FScontrol

-I use a wireless keyboard, push to talk with scroll lock

-the failure report is unspecific Squawkbox detected an errot, program has to be terminated

I´m not quit sure that it is a problem of FSUIPC or WideFS. I only want to check if you or someone might have a new idea. My ones run out.... unfortunately this happens during Worldflight.....

regards

Bernhard (LSZH)

as usual the forum is the last way to get help.

What does that mean? You've been elsewhere and go some first? Or what? Sorry, I don't understand you.

If you mean my response is too slow for you, I'm sorry, but I do answer as soon as I see the questions here. I'm sure you can't have seen that much of a delay. Most support sites offer 24-72 hour turn-round. I only take more than a few hours when I'm away on holiday or, like this last weekend, actually away at a Flight Sim function.

according the PFC documents I put the pfc.dll in the modules, but I deleted the file already.

Is that wise? What "PFC documents" are you referring to, here?

I only put in the ServerIPAddr=192.168.0.56 into the WideClient.cfg

Why? Best to let it connect automatically (assuming your Windows versions allow, and you have them both in the same WorkGroup), or at least only use the name of the Server, not an IP address which may change.

FSUIPC detects the bottons, I chose PTT Transmit on/off (SB3,RW,AC) Parameter O, Control to repeat..... is not boxed (assigned)

Sorry, do you mean you set the control to repeat, or you haven't done so? If you have it repeating I suspect it might crash SB3 -- I seem to remember a bug in one version of SB3 when a PTT received whilst it was already processing one would crash it.

-the failure report is unspecific Squawkbox detected an errot, program has to be terminated

In that case you really do need SB3 support to identify the cause. All the PTT option does is broadcast a standard Roger Wilco/SB3 compatible PTT message on the FS PC and every WideClient. What happens then is completely up to the program receiving it.

The most likely problem is that you are using a copy of SB3 which still has that repeat-crash bug in it and you have the control repeating, or you are pressing it more than once, too quickly.

Regards

Pete

bravolima wrote:

as usual the forum is the last way to get help.

What does that mean? You've been elsewhere and go some first? Or what? Sorry, I don't understand you.

If you mean my response is too slow for you, I'm sorry, but I do answer as soon as I see the questions here. I'm sure you can't have seen that much of a delay. Most support sites offer 24-72 hour turn-round. I only take more than a few hours when I'm away on holiday or, like this last weekend, actually away at a Flight Sim function.

no, no. I mean I try to find solutions by my own, when I have no idea anymore then I ask for help here. Sorry, you misunderstood.

no, no. I mean I try to find solutions by my own, when I have no idea anymore then I ask for help here. Sorry, you misunderstood.

Ah, yes, I did! One of those English idioms which may not be understood by all. The "last way" is usually meant to indicate the "least desirable".

Did you check that repeating was definitely off? I really cannot think of any other reason for your problem.

Regards

Pete