The simFlight Network Forums

CH throttle and FSX

Everything was working fine. Throttle quad configured through FSUIPC; just flying until a week ago. For some reason the nr two throttle would not respond. Tried several planes, nothing - everything works fine in FS9 - just that one problem in FSX. Read something about possibly reinstalling Simconnect. Any advice would really be appreciated.

If Simconnect is suggested could you provide a source link.

Thank you

Throttle quad configured through FSUIPC; just flying until a week ago. For some reason the nr two throttle would not respond. Tried several planes, nothing - everything works fine in FS9 - just that one problem in FSX. Read something about possibly reinstalling Simconnect. Any advice would really be appreciated.

By "configured through FSUIPC" do you mean assigned in FSUIPC and calibrated in FSUIPC, or only calibrated in FSUIPC?

If assigned in FSUIPC, are they assigned directly to calibration, or to the FS control?

If assigned in FSX have you checked that the sensitivity and null zone sliders are correct?

Is there any sign of life from that throttle lever in the FSUIPC4 axis assignments, or in the calibrations? You don't say, you only say it doesn't work in FSX itself. Mayne it is merely a corruption of your settings (the FSUIPC4.INI file).

I would also need to know the version number of FSUIPC4. If not the latest, please try that first.

If everything else is working it is highly unlikely to be anything related to SimConnect. In fact if they are assigned in FSUIPC4 for direct calibration SimConnect isn't being used for the throttle, at least with recent versions of FSUIPC4.

Pete

Throttle quad configured through FSUIPC; just flying until a week ago. For some reason the nr two throttle would not respond. Tried several planes, nothing - everything works fine in FS9 - just that one problem in FSX. Read something about possibly reinstalling Simconnect. Any advice would really be appreciated.

By "configured through FSUIPC" do you mean assigned in FSUIPC and calibrated in FSUIPC, or only calibrated in FSUIPC?

Assigned and Calibrated in FSUIPC.

If assigned in FSUIPC, are they assigned directly to calibration, or to the FS control?

If assigned in FSX have you checked that the sensitivity and null zone sliders are correct?

Is there any sign of life from that throttle lever in the FSUIPC4 axis assignments, or in the calibrations? Yes there is You don't say, you only say it doesn't work in FSX itself. Mayne it is merely a corruption of your settings (the FSUIPC4.INI file).

I would also need to know the version number of FSUIPC4. If not the latest, please try that first. 4.40

I don't know how my computer got wind of your response but when I fired off FSX to get your answers everything is working just fine. Do you have power or what :) :)

If this happens again should I just delet the .ini file and rebuild my settings?

If everything else is working it is highly unlikely to be anything related to SimConnect. In fact if they are assigned in FSUIPC4 for direct calibration SimConnect isn't being used for the throttle, at least with recent versions of FSUIPC4.

Pete

Assigned and Calibrated in FSUIPC.

So, my next question was, are they assigned directly to calibration, or to the FS control?

Yes there is

In both the axis assignment AND the calibration? If so it was presumably FSX ignoring it? I know it sounds unlikely, but could there have been any utility program or add-on which might have been deliberately failing the throttle control?

I don't know how my computer got wind of your response but when I fired off FSX to get your answers everything is working just fine.

Ah, so these answers aren't necessarily relevant?

If this happens again should I just delet the .ini file and rebuild my settings?

No, because the settings shouldn't just change. If you want to try that, keep a safe copy of the original so it can be compared. Unless you go into the Options and change things they shouldn't be changing. It doesn't sound like any option I've provided in any case.

Regards

Pete