The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc/simconnect error

Hi Pete,

I hope you can help me resolve a fsuipc/simconnect error that I'm getting. I have FSX deluxe (sp1) and the latest version (registered) of fsuipc installed on my

XP (sp2) computer. I'm trying to narrow down a problem I'm having using a third party program (Its Your Plane). I've noticed that I get the following 3 errors generated in the

Windows Event log as soon as FSX starts:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: SideBySide

Event Category: None

Event ID: 59

Date: 12/15/2008

Time: 11:10:58 AM

User: N/A

Computer: MARK-0ECD4E3EFB

Description:

Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event ID: 59

Description:

Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event ID: 32

Description:

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

I've tried following your advice in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=58095

twice, but I get the same three errors generated. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Regards,

Mark

I hope you can help me resolve a fsuipc/simconnect error that I'm getting. I have FSX deluxe (sp1) and the latest version (registered) of fsuipc installed

It never helps or means anything useful to say "latest version". Folks have said that when in fact they were using a year old one. They just mean "the latest one I have noticed"! Please ALWAYS provide version numbers -- that is what they are for!

I've noticed that I get the following 3 errors generated in the

Windows Event log

Oh dear. Please refer to the FSUIPC4 User Guide, a copy of which is installed in your FSX Modules folder as well as supplied in the main Zip file. Look at the last item in the Contents list.

Pete