The simFlight Network Forums

A bug or change since 3.85

Hi Peter;

This is mostly just to inform you of a possible bug or change since version 3.85.

The PMDG 737 has a unique keyboard command to activate TOGA. The command is ctrl+shift+G. I've always used FSUIPC to assign this keyboard command to a button on my joystick. Up through version 3.85 this has always worked fine. But with version 3.853 with the same assignment, pressing the button on the joystick raises or lowers the landing gear. It's as if the ctrl+shift part are not being sent, only the G part.

I've reverted back to 3.85 to solve the issue for now but I thought you might need to know. Thanks.

The PMDG 737 has a unique keyboard command to activate TOGA. The command is ctrl+shift+G.

I thought they were user configurable?

I've always used FSUIPC to assign this keyboard command to a button on my joystick. Up through version 3.85 this has always worked fine. But with version 3.853 with the same assignment, pressing the button on the joystick raises or lowers the landing gear. It's as if the ctrl+shift part are not being sent, only the G part.

Strange. I'll check it here, with the current interim version (3.855).

Pete

I thought you might need to know.

Wow! It's a good job you did! Just using the Key logging option in FSUIPC showed what was happening!

It's a real bad bug! It isn't just the Ctrl+Shift sometimes missing -- in fact the first time, they're usually not. The real bad problem is that most of the time none of the KEYUPs are being sent! It was sending the KEYDOWNs, and leaving them that way. Makes a right mess of the real keyboard operations when the Control and Shift keys are held down!

The error was, as so often in these cases, and editing error. A line had got deleted. no idea how. The same code in the FSX version had the line in.

So, many apologies. Please try version 3.856, already posted in the Downloads announcement.

Thanks & Regards

Pete

I always worry when I post thing like this that I've made some stupid mistake and I'm just going to bother you with it.

I tried to make sure I had checked every other possibility first. Thanks for you quick attention, I'll go get the new version and check it out right now.

Thanks again.