The simFlight Network Forums

Programming radios on a Nostromo N-52 gamepad

I just bought FSUIPC4 the other day to program my keypad for radios, AP, GPS and such. I Don't have the funds to build a cockpit :( The keypad is programable and it has a Cycle key that will allow me to program each key 4 times. I have most of it programed using the FSX key config file and am using FSUICP4 to do standby swapping and some other stuff. I've programed the first "cycle" of keys to manipulate all of the COM and NAV radios as well as the ADF and Xponder inputs. I'm using 2 of the D-pad buttons for the "-" and "=" functions to change the value of the selected field. Here's my problems. Currently I have "c" programmed to one key and "c_2" programmed to another to select COM1 or COM2. Unfortunately There's a finger dance that has to be played to access the fractional value of the COM2 (and NAV2). I've tried many of the COM and NAV inputs in FSUIPC4 to test them out but none seem to highlight the COM2 (and NAV2) directly. I have tried using the direct value controls (Com2_Stby_Frac_inc,...) but I don't have enough buttons for the other functions I wish to program into the device. Also when one of the fields is highlighted it will stay highlighted until I left click on the screen somewhere. Is there a programable button function that will act as that mouse click and un-highlight the fields?

I just want to say FSUIPC4 is really a nice interface. I can't wait to get my other system back up and running so I can get WideFS and start building something that better resembles a cockpit.

Thanks,

John

Unfortunately There's a finger dance that has to be played to access the fractional value of the COM2 (and NAV2). I've tried many of the COM and NAV inputs in FSUIPC4 to test them out but none seem to highlight the COM2 (and NAV2) directly. I have tried using the direct value controls (Com2_Stby_Frac_inc,...) but I don't have enough buttons for the other functions I wish to program into the device. Also when one of the fields is highlighted it will stay highlighted until I left click on the screen somewhere. Is there a programable button function that will act as that mouse click and un-highlight the fields?

Any of the cockpit selection controls will highlight or select that other cockpit function or view and so "un-highlight" the previous one. Have you not looked at the extensive list of controls provided (installed) in the FSX Modules folder for you when you install FSUIPC4?

Examples of selecting controls are:

ADF

COM_RADIO

DME

MAGNETO

NAV_RADIO

VIEW

VOR_OBS

XPNDR

If you simply want keyboard focus back to the normal view, I think the VIEW command does it.

Regards

Pete