The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Problem Serious

I have a problem with the fsuipc.dll,the programs that use the file error message: ipc

I reinstall and install the flight simulator and the addons and the problem continous. I upgraded the version of FSUIPC and does't work either.

I have de windows vista and the flight simulator 2004.

I have a problem with the fsuipc.dll,the programs that use the file error message: ipc

Sorry, I don't understand any of that. Please answer these questions:

(a) What is the version number of FSUIPC? If not a currently supported version (see the Announcements) please update it FIRST.

(b) Is FSUIPC actually installed? (i.e. Is there an FSUIPC menu available?)

© What is actually wrong? You say "the programs that use the file error message: ipc", but what does that mean? I can't figure out what you are saying from that, it makes no sense. If you are getting an error message, what is it, and what program is producing it?

(d) if you are using add-on programs which need FSUIPC, what are they? Have you asked their support. I cannot support other folks' programs!

If there is an FSUIPC Log file in the FS Modules folder, show me that too. It might help you explain what it is you are talking about.

Regards

Pete

a) I have the last version of FSUIPC.DLL FOR FS2004 (3.85)

b) The FSUIPC is installed in my Flight Simulator

c) The error of FSUIPC is: "Faliled to open link to FSUIPC", the programs are, the Acav and the FS Keeper.

d) Not, the only addons that use the FSUIPC are the Acav and FS Keeper.

Thanks

a) I have the last version of FSUIPC.DLL FOR FS2004 (3.85)

b) The FSUIPC is installed in my Flight Simulator

And have you confirmed that it is running, by seeing if there is a Modules menu entry, with FSUIPC in it?

c) The error of FSUIPC is: "Faliled to open link to FSUIPC", the programs are, the Acav and the FS Keeper.

Okay, so the error is from those programs.

Have you registered FSUIPC as a User? If so, try temporarily removing your FSUIPC.KEY file from the FS Modules folder, then run FS again, and those programs. If they now work, there is something wrong with your Key, or the System Date on your PC is wrong, preceding the date of your registration.

The problem can also arise, on Vista, if you are running FS at a different privilege level to those applications. If you have set FS to run "as administrator" then you must also run any programs "as administrator" too, and vice versa. This is because Vista prevents data sharing between programs with different privilege levels.

Another possible cause is that the code signature on the FSUIPC.DLL module is wrong, or cannot be checked -- the Log file would tell you. There's a section in the User Guide about that. But if you want me to help further, please find the FSUIPC.LOG file in the FS Modules folder and show it to me. It is a text file, you can paste it here.

Regards

Pete

Sorry, i copi the text:

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.85 by Pete Dowson *********

Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

Verifying Certificate for "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MODULES\fsuipc.dll" now ...

SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!

Running inside FS2004(original release)

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

1467 System time = 14:24:19

1467 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

1467 System time = 14:24:19, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

38408 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

38423 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

Sorry, i copi the text

Okay, that looks fine, as far as it goes. I really need to see a complete log, after FS is closed, as there is important information at the end too.

I see that you let FS install in its default folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

This can be a big problem on Vista because Vista protects "Program Files" from non-privileged users and programs. Vista actually recognises FS9 as an older, non-Vista aware program, and puts the files elsewhere with Aliasses in the places you see. I think this can confuse add-ons quite easily. It isn't anything to do with FSUIPC but to do with how the programs are checking things and attempting to connect.

So, EITHER your problem might be because of the different privilege levels I already mentioned -- did you check that? Try running your add-on programs using right-click and "run as administator" (or possibly changing their program properties so this always happens).

OR it could simply be all due to this business of protected Program Files folders.

I think that, if neither of these suggests a solution which works, you will need to contact the authors of the individual programs for a solution -- maybe they have a Vista-aware version by now. Alternatively, you could uninstall FS9 and re-install it somewhere more, er "sensible", like C:\FS9.

Regards

Pete

I thought Windows version 5.1 is Windows XP, so he is not using Vista.

Unfortunately, I think Vista reports itself as XP to non-Vista aware programs such as FS9. Very annoying.

Also, he has not patched his FS9 version to 9.1. I wonder if that is why his programs do not work.

Possibly, though not many programs are dependent on that.

Rgards

Pete

Hi Peter... i've done what you told me yesterday. I have reinstalled flight simulator in this folder C:/Fs9 but i've the same error with ac-av client using FSUIPC version 3.85. Also i tried to disable NOD32 but I cant and the Firewall of my W.Vista is disable correctly... Any idea?

Hi Peter... i've done what you told me yesterday. I have reinstalled flight simulator in this folder C:/Fs9 but i've the same error with ac-av client using FSUIPC version 3.85. Also i tried to disable NOD32 but I cant and the Firewall of my W.Vista is disable correctly... Any idea?

No, sorry. The Firewall is irrelevant, as should be the anti-virus. If both FS9 and your applications are running at the same user level, not "as administrator", then there will be no problem. Jim suggests that the programs may require you to update your very out-of-date copy of FS2004 -- the 9.1 update Microsoft released later in 2004 was really an essential error fix release.

Otherwise I'm afraid you'll need to talk to the support guys for the programs you are trying to run. I don't know what they are checking, but if they say they can't even see FS/FSUIPC it suggests a privilege level difference.

What is this "ac-av" program anyway? I don't know it at all.

Regards

Pete