The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc Mouse Macro

I have an A320 Panel by Ken Mitchell

You'll need to ask him then. Sorry, I cannot guess how he's programmed it. The FSUIPC "mouse macro" facilities can work with add-on panels made using the standard C tools for gauges provided by the FS SDKs. If you are talking about FSX then it may be possible to use the new "L:var" facilities I've added to create macros for XML gauges and the like. Otherwise, you'll need to see if the author has made other provisions, such as a key-press combination.

You still didn't actually mention the specific switch, or do you mean all switches on the panel?

Pete

Hello Pete,

I may join in here, as I ran into that situation myself earlier (not with the same panel, but the same problem). I have looked into this gauge here: it is XML, and it is using Lvars - FS9 though. It affects all switches on that panel, although many of them are addressing standard FS9 functions.

Does FSUIPC for FS9 also have the capability of "talking" to XML gauges? I'm pretty sure it can be done somehow; aren't many addon gauges communicating with FS via FSUIPC in the first place?

Regards

Boris

Does FSUIPC for FS9 also have the capability of "talking" to XML gauges? I'm pretty sure it can be done somehow

No. I've done it for FSX, but it is a little more precarious in FS9 and the work isn't trivial. I may consider adding it later this year. For the present I'm afraid I am rather too busy on other commitments.

aren't many addon gauges communicating with FS via FSUIPC in the first place?

No, only in a few areas where they cannot get the information needed using the normal FS-supported methods.

Regards

Pete